With its minimalist design, the Impact Mesh encases both corners and the back of your device - with full access to all ports and function buttons. The case is made of D30, a material with impact-absorbing properties. In everyday use, the molecules in D30 flow freely, but upon shock or impact they lock together - absorbing the impact force and spreading the shock evenly across the surface of your iPhone, providing extra durability.
- Made of D3O material, known for its high-impact protection
- Perforated ‘dotted’ back design
- Minimalist design gives protection without adding bulk
- Raised screen bezel for extra protection
- Camera lens cut-out
Did you notice?The Impact Mesh case is made of D30, a material that – upon impact – absorbs energy and disperses it away from your iPhone for increased durability.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your iPhone from drops and knocks in true minimalist style.
What's in the Box?
- Tech21 Impact Mesh Case
- Form Factor: Snap On
- Material: TPU
- Height: 0.39 in./1 cm
- Width: 2.6 in./6.6 cm
- Weight: 0.81 oz./23 g
- Length: 5.16 in./13.11 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: T21-2157
- UPC or EAN No.: 5055517310970
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
0800-692-7753 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
This thing is fantastic!
I purchased this for my iPhone 5. I really don't like those cases that wrap around the front of the phone but this one does a goo I purchased this for my iPhone 5. I really don't like those cases that wrap around the front of the phone but this one does a good job of minimizing that. Also I would say its comparable to otter box protection without the bulk. Great purchase. I hope they come out with other colors. …
- Written by Tina H from Dallas
259 of 283 people found this useful
I Love this case. It keeps the thinness of the iPhone 5. The side bumper shock absorber works. I've dropped my iPhone a few times I Love this case. It keeps the thinness of the iPhone 5. The side bumper shock absorber works. I've dropped my iPhone a few times up to 4 feet high & the side bumper protected it perfectly. It is clear at front & back, so it still shows the beauty of your iPhone. Pair it with a Zagg skin protector & your iPhone 5 will be fully protected while showing off it's natural size & beauty! :) …
- Written by cristina O from BRAMPTON
246 of 275 people found this useful
very good case
have had a lot of cases otter box lifeproof and griffin and i got to say i really like this case and i would say buy it you will l have had a lot of cases otter box lifeproof and griffin and i got to say i really like this case and i would say buy it you will like it …
- Written by TIMOTHY L D from TULSA
177 of 208 people found this useful
Best case on the market
Very durable yet sleek case. Provides excellent protection without the bulk of an otter box. I've had this case for about 9 months Very durable yet sleek case. Provides excellent protection without the bulk of an otter box. I've had this case for about 9 months and it still looks brand new (kind of unheard of for an iphone case). Best case out there in my opinion. …
- Written by Raymond D from Montgomery
1 of 1 people found this useful
Case Rocks! I have 6 Tech21 cases & Love them all!
Awesome case! I own around 70 cases and this is my top case for all around use. It's great with durability, fits great, etcetera. Awesome case! I own around 70 cases and this is my top case for all around use. It's great with durability, fits great, etcetera. I read a review about it messing up a screen protector. IMO that individual messed up the screen protector. They should understand these cases are meant to fit exactly. So you should use caution and/or call tech21 for assistance, it doesn't matter who put the screen protector on. Someone didn't like the orange band that encompasses the edge of the case. Come on, seriously? Do a little research. Google...use it. It is the foundation of this company. D30?! Really. If you are a fishing guide, scuba diving instructor, rock climbing guide, think that you are Rambo, etcetera, then obviously you need a $400.00 case and don't expect this case to be some supernatural entity that is going to surround your phone with a magic force field. I love it. It fits great in my hand. It's not slippery but it's not sticky and hard to get out of my pocket. Being a man and generally going with neutral colors, I have clear, blue/teal and smoke colored cases. I also found one online that was in a T-Mobile branded case that was a green variation and two of band style products. Great cases. They provide great corner protection, which is the screens most vulnerable area. Great fit. Quality feel.
I'll buy ones for my iPhone 6 when it comes out.
• Quality overall case
• Great corner protection
• Aesthetically pleasing
• Perfectly fitted for iPhone 5 & 5s
• People compliment it. Which, even though I had nothing to do with making the case, it is a good sign.
• Edges come up and over face which offers great protection but not obtrusively so.
• Offers great protection without hindering the multitude of qualities my iPhone offers.
• Not a miracle worker. Not really a con but if you need a waterproof, bulletproof, etcetera and you're a fighter pilot or work for NASA and need a case that will protect your iPhone from 1,000 G's, asteroids, gasses from Jupiter and Mars dust then you need a slightly different case. Call Tech21 they can probably make you a special order one. …
- Written by Devin M from WEST COLUMBIA
1 of 3 people found this useful
My older iPhone 4 recently gave up the ghost and upon the precient advice of Adrian, an energetic and informed youngster named on My older iPhone 4 recently gave up the ghost and upon the precient advice of Adrian, an energetic and informed youngster named on the Apple dial-in Mobility Team, a Tech21 Impact Mesh 5s case was included in my iPhone recovery plan. Little did I know that within a month the new iPhone would confront certain death by mysteriously launching itself from my top pocket on a ballistic trajectory toward the hard ceramic tile on my office floor. What followed at the point of impact was amazing - "virtually nothing." As I watched wide eyed at impending doom there was simply a dull energy absorbing thump, with very little bounce or skittering, and no cracking, shattering, or screams of tortured passage. The terminal deceleration event was very much the equivalent of dropping a handful of Play-Doh on the same vertical track. I'm tempted to retest this baby with another drop test but think that Siri will strenuously object if I do not take a rain check.
- Written by Michael F from Kenner
2 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does this protect the front and back of the iphone 5s from drops
- Asked by Lupe Y from Winston Salem
Does it protect the back? From drops, no. Scratches, yes.
Does it protect the front? Yes, more than Does it protect the back? From drops, no. Scratches, yes.
Does it protect the front? Yes, more than the back. It has a raised bevel.
I had this case on my phone, and it fell from a height of about two-three feet, square on its back, onto a hardwood floor. It really wasn't a long hard fall at all, but a connector inside became partially dislodged, and only about a third of the touch screen worked. Also, the screen displayed weird lines and was distorted as a result of the fall.
I love this case, but buyer beware, if your phone falls flat on it's back, it's likely to get damaged. Apple DID cover this for me (thankfully) under Applecare, but I can't guarantee you'll be as lucky. I have had many drops before and after that incident, and never had any other issues.
The sides of this case are awesome, and make the case bounce like a bouncy ball when struck on it's side. Definitely does a good job dispersing the energy of a hard drop on a corner. Despite the one time it didn't save my phone, (I'm not sure what case could have) I love it. …
- Answered by Carter B from Purcellville
what can I use to remove stains from the case?
- Asked by Kelly F from Fresno
No answers yet
Does this case work with a tempered glass screen protector?
- Asked by Randy C from Aurora
Yes. I have one on mine. ( :
- Answered by Lauri S from Virginia Beach
Does the color on the blue or pink version fade like with Speck cases? Should I just go for "smoke" to avoid discoloration?
- Asked by Vanessa R from Long Beach
My friend's case is blue and has stayed true to color for 4 months. I have the smoke - ditto. Hope My friend's case is blue and has stayed true to color for 4 months. I have the smoke - ditto. Hope that helps! …
- Answered by Lauri S from Virginia Beach
Does this case make the iPhone 5 bulky and heavy?
- Asked by Amelia L
NO!!!!!! It is awesome, smooth and very slim line.
- Answered by Ginger F from Evans