Elgato Game Capture HD enables you to record PlayStation or Xbox gameplay to your Mac and share it with your friends. Advanced hardware H.264 encoding lets you capture in high quality while maintaining low file sizes, so you can post on the internet easily.
A single HDMI pass-through cable connects the Game Capture HD to your console, and the included software makes it easy to record even if you forget to press the record button. Flashback Recording lets you slide back in time on your Mac and hit the record button retroactively.
With one click you can share your gameplay on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter, and use the included software to trim your gaming scenes and pass them through iMovie or Final Cut.
- HD recording for Playstation and Xbox
- HDMI pass-through cable
- Flashback Recording feature to record retroactively
- One-click sharing to YouTube, Facebook and Twitter
- Included software lets you trim gaming scenes
- Advanced H.264 compression
- Supported resolutions include 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- No power supply needed
Did you notice?Flashback Recording lets you record your gaming scenes retroactively.
Apple Recommends ForRecording and sharing your gaming accolades online.
What's in the Box?
- Elgato Game Capture HD Game Recorder
- Quick start guide
- USB cable
- HDMI cable
- PlayStation 3 cable
- Resolution : Supported resolutions: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Height : 24 mm/0.94 in.
- Width : 73 mm/2.87 in.
- Weight : 5 oz./142 g
- Length : 109 mm/4.29 in.
- Mac OS X v10.7
- 2.0GHz or faster Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Windows 7
- 2.0GHz or faster dual core processor
- 4GB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number : 10025010
- UPC or EAN No. : 4260195390485
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
I bought mine on Thursday of last week. I received it by Monday Morning. First, My jaw dropped when I saw the size of the Elgato. I compared it to my Iphone 4, and its smalled than my phone. Next, The setup is the easiest thing to do ever! A few cables to be plugged in then you're done. After this, You download the software from game capture site and you're ready to begin recording! The elgato support is in my opinion the best support you'll receive from any product. They are nice people and super helpful. Besides my little hiccup I had with it( due to firmware needing to be updated) I give this product 5 stars, simply because, its the best Capture Card on the Market. It's also the smallest. I can't say enough great things about the product and the company. With this purchase, I've now become a long time and extremely happy costumer of Elgato. Thank you guys for an amazing product! …
- Written by BJ C from Moncton
62 of 67 people found this useful
Bought this to record my XBOX gameplay. Plugged it in and it kept saying that it can't find the capture device. I spent my whole d ay trying to figure it out and still haven't, I will be returning it and getting a refund. If you have a macbook pro, I would not get this product. …
- Written by Mattijs V from Duncraig
11 of 140 people found this useful
Don't miss this product!!!
This is the best video capture card available for Mac. I have spent many hours trying to capture gameplay from my XBOX 360 and PS 3.
This product is the so easy that I had it connected in 2 minutes. It actually comes with an HDMI cable and an editing tool. You can export to YouTube or many other places.
I refuse to praise products that don't live up to price, but this is a HDMI TO HDMI connection with exceptional 1080p picture and very good sound.
Note…on XBOX make sure you change the Setting to Stereo not 5.1. It is nice to see that a third party product actually deliver an excellent product. …
- Written by Kyle C from Plano
202 of 212 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Theodore B from Vancouver
No answers yet
- Asked by Simon D from Swansea
No answers yet
why cant the elgato game capture connect to the ps3 threw the hdmi why do you have to use the component? And will i be able to play in 1080p still?
- Asked by Shannon B from Fombell
You can't use the HDMI on a PS3 because PS3 is a Sony product and they "honor/is compliant with" Hig h-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HBDC). The HDMI cable supports the "handshake" between devices that the data transmitted is not being "intercepted" mid-stream, which is exactly what you are doing with the Elgato, therefore you need to use the component cables from the PS3 to the Elgato (component cables dont use HBDC), then use the HDMI from Elgato to the TV.
Component cables are still able to send a 1080p or 1080i resolution image, so you are still getting what is considered the bottom end of "HD" (1080). You can still play and view the game in 1080 on the TV (60 frames per second) while simultaniously recording it on your PC or Mac via USB output from the Elgato (at 30 frames per second at 1080, 60 frames per second at 720). The Elgato allows you to play and record at different resolutions (view on TV at 1080 while recording on the Mac/PC at 1080 or 720 or 480 or 576, etc) …
- Answered by Bryan C from Orange Park
- Asked by Angela K
Yes it is way worth it. However you do need to have an HD TV which is probably not an issue. If you are editing on a mac then the Elgato is definitely the better option as with the hauppague they make you spend hundreds on eyetv. …
- Answered by Shama R
- Asked by Frederick G
Download the software off of elgato.com
- Answered by Matthew W from Ottawa