Belkin WeMo Switch + Motion
Belkin WeMo Switch + Motion
Belkin’s WeMo Switch + Motion work together to let you use motion to turn almost anything in your home on or off. A heater, a lamp, your stereo, you name it – if you can plug it in, you can control it with WeMo Switch + Motion. WeMo works on on any iPod touch, iPhone or iPad running iOS 5 or later. With the free WeMo app, you tell WeMo Switch + Motion what to do when motion is sensed. With multiple WeMo Switches, you can control as much or as little of your home as you like.
- Works with your existing Wi-Fi router and any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 5 or later
- Modular system – easily add additional WeMo Switches and WeMo Motion sensors at any time
- Control as much or as little of your home as you want
- Operates over Wi-Fi and mobile Internet, whether you're at home or away
- Six-foot power cord and 10-foot motion sensitivity range allow for optimal placement of sensor
- Put your home electronics on a schedule, telling them when to come on and when to turn off
- Free WeMo app
Did you notice?The free WeMo app adds remote home control functionality to your iOS devices.
Apple Recommends ForTurn your electronics on or off – from anywhere – using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and your home Wi-Fi network.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin WeMo Switch
- Belkin WeMo Sensor
- User manual
- Mfr. Part Number: F5C0340fcAPL
- UPC or EAN No.: 722868900802
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
App controls the WeMo Switch and WeMo Motion.
The iPhone home remote. Control stuff in your home – from anywhere.
Belkin’s new WeMo system is a family of simple, ingenious products that use your iPhone and your home Wi-Fi® network to connect you to the things and people you love. WeMo is your home at your fingertips.
WeMo can control just about anything.
With WeMo you can turn on a light from another room, or turn it off from across town. You can put your home on a schedule—living room lights go on in the evening, kids’ TV goes off at bedtime. You can check to make sure you turned the iron off, after you’ve already left. WeMo Switch is the iPhone home remote.
The Complete WeMo System.
The WeMo App runs on your iPhone and controls any electronic device you plug into a WeMo Switch—if you can plug it in, you can turn it on or off with WeMo. And WeMo Motion lets you control the devices when motion is detected. Have the floor lamp go on when you enter the living room, and turn off when you leave.
WeMo Switch and WeMo Motion are available at major retailers.
The WeMo family of products is great at automating repetitive tasks, and at allowing you to control your household in ways you’d never thought possible.
The beauty of WeMo is it’s completely modular. You can control as much or as little of your home as you like. Control one light, one room, or the whole house. There’s no limit to what WeMo can do. If you can think of it, you can probably do it with WeMo. WeMo is your home at your fingertips.
Check out the WeMo community at: http://community.wemo.is …
Ratings & Reviews
This product is great. It works perfectly. I have my living room lamps plugged into it. They go on when I enter the room, and shut This product is great. It works perfectly. I have my living room lamps plugged into it. They go on when I enter the room, and shut off 5 minutes after I leave. The sensor works perfectly. Not sure what the previous reviewer was talking about. Also, you can set it to only turn them on during certain hours so the lights aren't coming on during the day. …
- Written by Ryan A from Brockville
89 of 111 people found this useful
One Location Only
The iPhone App will only work with one location (one Router). I try to set it up with my home and vacation home, failed. Otherwise The iPhone App will only work with one location (one Router). I try to set it up with my home and vacation home, failed. Otherwise, it's working really well. …
- Written by James C from Riverside
55 of 69 people found this useful
OK except IFTTT doesn't work reliably
1. I haven't had a any problems with setup or operation on our home wifi.
2. The WeMo app controls the switches both The Good:
1. I haven't had a any problems with setup or operation on our home wifi.
2. The WeMo app controls the switches both locally and via 4G.
1. WeMo app crashes pretty often on my iphone 5 - maybe 1 out of 5 times the app is opened.
2. WeMo integration with IFTTT is pretty unreliable. I have a switch setup to turn on a lamp at dusk and then off at a set time. The on time can vary by 2 or 3 hours from day to day and same with the off time.
3. Switch status has to be manually refreshed when viewing with the app to see the latest switch state.
4. The motion sensor takes some moving around to get it to operate a switch like I wanted. For example, I put it in the TV room and set it up to turn off the lights when no one is in the room. Turns out you can't put it 10 ft away from the couch and have it detect any but large motions. Moving your head or an arm won't always be detected. It it is only a 3 or 4 feet away it will detect small motions that occur while being a zombie in front of the TV. …
- Written by Robert H from Arlington
44 of 58 people found this useful
Good Devices and Work as Claimed...IF you have a strong Wifi Router
When I first began installing these devices I noticed I'd lose them from the device list. I'd have to reset the router to get the When I first began installing these devices I noticed I'd lose them from the device list. I'd have to reset the router to get them reconnected so they could be rediscovered. As I began to actually depend on the devices it got more and more annoying when they'd drop off the device list. I had wifi extenders which seemed to help, but I'd still lose devices.
For various other reasons I opted to upgrade my wifi router. The new one seemed to work worse than the old one, with ALL the WEMO devices dropping off in one gulp. I blamed the router...but before junking it I thought I'd try some "tricks" to reduce interference and to promote a stronger signal. They worked. Turns out my router was fine...it was where it was placed, and interference from my neighbors' routers that was creating all my wifi troubles.
So I've had a good solid several weeks of strong wifi connections and reliable use. The built-in rules for WEMO are very nice but tying the WEMO devices to the IFTTT system really adds some unique functionality. I can turn on my bedroom light and, at the same time, the lamps turn on as well. I have a heater in my garage that only turns on if it's actually cold outside. When my family comes home the outdoor lights turn automatically when my smartphone tells them we've returned to the area.
I have 16 wemo devices now and I fully intend on adding at least two more (so that all the lights on one floor are WEMO enabled).
But I'll agree with some of the other posters...if you've got a weak wifi signal, or wifi interference, they're annoying as heck to set up and maintain. And even if you do set them up, despite the interference/weak-signal, they may not function as you'd hoped (may not connect completely to IFTTT services).
So only get these if you've got a strong, reliable, wifi signal where-ever you plan on placing the wemo. …
- Written by Adrian L from Calgary
2 of 2 people found this useful
Wemo does not adjust for sunrise and sunset
I bought two light switches about 6 months ago, for outdoor lights. Easy to install and set-up. However, despite setting and re- I bought two light switches about 6 months ago, for outdoor lights. Easy to install and set-up. However, despite setting and re-setting the rules numerous times, they will not turn on at sunset and off at sunrise per the rules I set. It may start following the sunset/sunrise rules, but then does not appear to keep up with the daily changes or change to daylight savings time. Turns on now at 5 pm even though sunset is at about 7 pm. Minimalist instructions and support make it difficult to troubleshoot. I have to rate it a 1 because the main reason for purchasing this product is to automate the lights so that they go on at sunset and off at sunrise and it does not do that reliably. …
- Written by Mark E from NORFOLK
20 of 20 people found this useful
Sunset doesn't update daily
I have to redo the setting to turn on at sunset every few days. Say I set it today and sunset is at 5:52 instead of updating daily I have to redo the setting to turn on at sunset every few days. Say I set it today and sunset is at 5:52 instead of updating daily it will stay at 5:52 until I redo the setting. Whats the point of having sunset as an option if it doesn't update on it's own? …
- Written by Doug H from Perryopolis
19 of 19 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
DOES IT WORK IN IRELAND
- Asked by Siobhan M from Killarney
Yes, it works fine, and now with the fact that there is an IFTTT channel it's even more useful.
- Answered by John K
Does this product capable of dual voltage?
- Asked by Christopher F from Apo
It's the 3 pin 240v version (just the wrong photo) They are amazing units and easy to set up. They d It's the 3 pin 240v version (just the wrong photo) They are amazing units and easy to set up. They don't mention that you can also control via SMS & email &......
The list is endless. Got mine to control the boiler, far better than a timer …
- Answered by Huw L
will it turn my tv on, or just have the tv go to standby
- Asked by Martin C
This depends on your TV. In most cases it will put your TV into standby mode
The best way to answ This depends on your TV. In most cases it will put your TV into standby mode
The best way to answer this is to test the TV as follows.
Without the Belkin Wemo Switch connected if you connect the TV to the power socket. Does it go into standby or does it power on. If it goes into standby mode, then that is exactly what the Belkin Wemo Switch will do. If it powers on, then that is exactly what the Belkin Wemo switch will do.
The Belkin Wemo switch cuts off the power supply and initiates the power supply back to the device either through its motion sensor or Wemo App. …
- Answered by Belkin Uk 1
It's only a motion sensor. I works in conjunction with a switch. It tells whatever that's plugged in It's only a motion sensor. I works in conjunction with a switch. It tells whatever that's plugged into the switch when to turn on/off. Yes, you do have to buy a separate switch. …
- Answered by Urick M from Yonkers