The Elgato Thunderbolt SSD is compact and portable with the performance of a large, multi-hard drive.
It's engineered to draw power directly through the Thunderbolt cable from your Mac, without needing a separate power supply. This way, your data is always there with you, even when you’re not near a power source.
Due to the lack of moving, mechanical parts, Solid State Drives are less prone to accidental damage than traditional hard drives. And with its rock-solid metal enclosure, the Elgato Thunderbolt SSD looks great and has added protection for your valuable data.
The Elgato Thunderbolt SSD is designed to work without the need for a noisy fan. The advanced metal enclosure and the inaudible Solid State Drive means that you’ll get outstanding performance that's whisper quiet.
- High-speed data access with Thunderbolt technology
- Bus-powered operation ensures true portability
- Robust metal enclosure
- Superior reliability with flash storage
- Whisper quiet
Did you notice?Engineered to draw power directly through the Thunderbolt cable from your Mac, without needing a separate power supply.
Apple Recommends ForRobust, high-speed, external data storage for your Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Elgato Thunderbolt Solid State Drive
- Thunderbolt cable
- User's guide
- Connections : Thunderbolt
- Height : 2.1 cm
- Width : 8.3 cm
- Weight : 270 g
- Thunderbolt port
- UPC or EAN No. : 4260195390430
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Using it as my TimeMachine and it backed up 130GB in less then 15min.
- Written by CARL A from Rouse Hill
0 of 1 people found this useful
Very nice but...
Very fast and very compact. Marked down because of the lack of any power indicator on the case and more seriously, it only has on e thunderbolt port so you can't daisy chain other devices. I can't use this and an external (non thunderbolt) monitor on my MBP.
Don't do what I did and forget to also order a thunderbolt cable. …
- Written by Jeremy P from Reading
30 of 34 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Why does it say there is a cable in the "What's In The Box" section, but that you have to buy a cable as well ?
- Asked by Craig S from Happy Valley
The cable is supplied.
- Answered by Scott D from Hawthorn
why are the speeds quoted here for thunderbolt ssd device less than the speeds quoted for a similar usb2 device (eg Western Digital 1TB My Passport)?
- Asked by Anthony B from Peppermint Grove
I would suggest you are confusing your Mbit/s with your Mbyte/s. The speed quoted for the Elgato 12 0 GB Thunderbolt Solid State Drive is 270 Mbyte/s. the maximum theoretical speed for USB 2.0 is 60 Mbyte/s so the USB 2.0 version of Western Digital 1TB My Passport will not be faster than that. …
- Answered by Philip K
- Asked by Brian H from St Albert
Yeah, I've just installed this drive via Thunderbolt. It works great. Used CarbonCopyCloner to move all my files off the internal drive to the SSD and that was it! …
- Answered by Alex J from Canberra
Would the speed of this drive compare to that of an internal SSD? (when used as a boot drive with OS and apps installed)
- Asked by Bradley B from Burpengary