The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus helps you print professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than with laser printers, while also providing better value for frequent printing. Achieve ISO print speeds up to 20 ppm* black and 16 ppm colour* using affordable, individual inks. Plus, it's AirPrint enabled so you can print from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Reliable and flexible
A 25,000-page monthly duty cycle means you can depend on this printer for reliable colour printing. And with HP ePrint – now you can print from virtually anywhere. Simply send files to the printer via email. You can also print using a USB, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection.
- Professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers
- AirPrint-enabled for wireless printing from iOS devices
- Efficient web connectivity – even print on the go using HP's ePrint
- Up to 20 ppm* black or 16 ppm* color (ISO)
- 10.9 cm CGD (color graphics) touchscreen
- 50-page automatic document feeder
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
Did you notice?Get exceptional energy and resource savings thanks to duplex printing and ENERGY STAR qualification.
Apple Recommends ForProfessional-quality colour printing from your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch at a significantly lower cost than laser printers.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Four setup cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, Getting Started Guide and CD-ROMs
- Display Size: 10.9 cm
- Connections: AirPrint , Ethernet, USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: MagicGate Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MiniSD, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), RS-MMC, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 315 mm/12.40 in.
- Width: 492.8 mm/19.40 in.
- Weight: 12.62 kg
- Length: 414 mm/16.30 in.
- Black print speed: Up to 20 ISO ppm*
- Black resolution: 1200 x 600 dpi
- Color print speed: Up to 16 ISO ppm*
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Max Paper Size: A4
- Min Paper Size: 7.6 x 12.7 cm
- Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 4
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
- 300 MB free space
- 256 MB
- Available USB port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 GB free space
- 1 GB
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number: CM750A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886111607440
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- * Print speeds may vary based on usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Does it all... Does it all pretty well, A+ HP
This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our fami This machine is like the kitchen sink of printers with business like performance for your home. It's been a blessing for our family of 6 with 3 soon to be 4 school age children. It prints pics beautifully, and documents quickly - LOVE the duplex option, that really saves on paper. The paper tray holds half a ream of paper, and the biggest plus is the cartridges - they cost around $10 more per pack than cartridges for other printers, however they print almost 3x the number of sheets, making for very cost effective printing. Scanning, emailing, and faxing options are plentiful and easy to use. Configuration was truly automated so setup was a snap and the software is very versatile and easy to use. Of course the added bonus was AirPrint - which has come in very handy in a household with 2 MacBooks, 2 iPads, 3 iPhones, and 2 iPod Touch's. You won't be disappointed with this printer, and if it's as durable as our last HP it'll be trusty for many years to come. We've been using it for about three months at the time of this review. …
- Written by Stacy P from Bremerton
232 of 249 people found this useful
Great all-rounder for the office
This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other offi This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other office printers) - it is very fast and is AirPrint compatible. You could also scan-to-email or scan-to-network-folder directly from the printer's control panel …
- Written by Winfried T from DETTENHAUSEN
173 of 184 people found this useful
The best Inkjet I've ever owned.
This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/ This printer is awesome. Very Fast, crisp, highly flexible and functional with iPad/iPhone. All the goodies, scan and print to/from email, etc. over the internet, AirPrint/e-print does it all. Scanner and Copier very fast. I have the premium, dual paper tray model. Unbelievable value, and its an office jet, so the high volume cartridges are VERY cost effective cost/page b/w and color. …
- Written by Shawn S from Houston
167 of 181 people found this useful
Great printer/scanner. Only issue was a big one when I went to OS 10.9 Maverick, it stopped scanning to computer over wireless, t Great printer/scanner. Only issue was a big one when I went to OS 10.9 Maverick, it stopped scanning to computer over wireless, then it would not even recognize any printers when restarting all over. Over many months of deleting and reloading HP software and reading web comments, I finally just selected Configure IPv6 as Automatically and it surprising started working again (under Systems, Network, Advanced, TCP/IP) …
- Written by Jamie A from Las Vegas
Not for complex printing
Do not buy this printer if you want to do anything complex- involving changing paper size etc. The presents don't work. After a we Do not buy this printer if you want to do anything complex- involving changing paper size etc. The presents don't work. After a week of wrangling with Apple and HP, HP finally admitted there are problems saving the paper size presets. This means the borders are missing from the bottom of some of my documents when I print in default A4. When I try to change the paper size to something that doesn't cut off borders and save it as a preset, it doesn't retain it and instead defaults to settings that disable draft and black ink only mode. Despite 3 or 4 people accessing my mac remotely to try to fix the problem, the issue still persists.
HP blame Apple; Apple blame HP- oh, and Microsoft! This printer works like a dream on my Windows laptop, but there are compatibility issues with the Mac, which no one seems to want to claim responsibility for or attempt to resolve. I'm sure it's fine if you just want to do basic printing, but beware if you want to do anything more. …
- Written by Estelle B
Great product. I own it since 2 years
It works with My Mac, PC, IPhone, IPads, they all found it easily.
Printer is shareable by Ethernet and wi-fi.
Printer is silent It works with My Mac, PC, IPhone, IPads, they all found it easily.
Printer is shareable by Ethernet and wi-fi.
Printer is silent and pretty fast.
I like to be able to print, copy and scan multiple documents.
Also it print on two sides. Cartridges are not as expensive as on other printers.
Very flexible product. I Highly recommend if you have more than a personal use. …
- Written by Jean Maurice M from GRENOBLE
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does the 8600 plus work with OSX 10.9.1
- Asked by John W from Winnipeg
Bought my 8600 Plus Aug 2012. New iMac Jan 2014. Printer not supported on OSX 10.9.1 if you're usi Bought my 8600 Plus Aug 2012. New iMac Jan 2014. Printer not supported on OSX 10.9.1 if you're using the original printer disc. Apple care helped me get it via HP's website under HP8600 Plus e-All-in One Printer - N911g Driver. Select your OSX then select the Driver Product Installation software. It's there, but HP makes it tough to find. …
- Answered by Sandra S from Red Lion
Does it print on CD's?
- Asked by Kerrie O from Melbourne
no it would bend them
- Answered by Connor G
Does this printer have wireless fax or eFax capability? It says just Fax on the box but I need eFax. Thanks. Tracy
- Asked by Tracy T from Warrenton
Is it capable of scanning from a book or magazine
- Asked by Elma H
Yes you may put the book or mag down flat on the scanner and press scan
- Answered by Jack D from Brisbane
Is this printer capable of double-sided printing?
- Asked by Aimee R from Centerville
- Answered by Amy B from Bellbrook