WIth an elegant aluminium design the Magic Bar charging base and rechargeable battery pack is the perfect companion for your Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Trackpad. No cable or external power supply to the battery pack is necessary; wirelessly recharge it just by sliding the Magic Bar-equipped Apple Wireless Keyboard or Magic Trackpad into the charging station. It takes only a minute to set up this solution to the problem of disposable batteries.
- "Greener" design helps protect the environment
- Elegant, recyclable aluminium design
- Cost effective after six months of office use or one year of home use
- Visually compatible with Apple-designed products, looks great on your desk
- Compatible with 2xAA Apple Wireless Keyboard
Did you notice?Proprietary wireless technology effortlessly recharges the battery pack without external power supply or cords.
Apple Recommends ForAn elegantly designed solution for keeping your Wireless Keyboard or Magic Trackpad charged, while helping to protect the environment.
What's in the Box?
- Magic Bar cylindrical aluminium battery pack (replaces two AA batteries)
- Aluminium charging station
- MicroUSB cable (connects the wireless charging station to a USB port)
- User manual
- Connections: USB
- Batteries: Built-in Rechargeable
- Height: 0.98 in./2.5 cm
- Width: 1.77 in./4.5 cm
- Weight: 6.63 oz./188 g
- Length: 11.8 in./30.0 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: MO3212
- UPC or EAN No.: 609465362489
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Terrific Idea but...
I purchased this product to kiss batteries goodbye and help the environment.
Unfortunately, the battery insert didn't fit my I purchased this product to kiss batteries goodbye and help the environment.
Unfortunately, the battery insert didn't fit my apple wireless keyboard well enough to make contact. That's right, this product from Switzerland has such serious quality control problems that yours may not work at all.
Additionally, the product has a strong chemical smell when removed from the box. This comes from the sparkly aluminum surface intended to match Apple's. But Apple's has no smell at all while this exudes a chemical-like stench. I expect it to vanish once the product airs for a week or so, but since my Magic Bar was defective and had to be returned I may never know.
I would also like to know where and how to get a hold of more recharge inserts. And where is the Magic Bar for trackpads? There's too little info on this product.
A great concept that became a smelly clunker. Mobee, get me a hassle-free replacement now please. …
- Written by Richard C from BEVERLY HILLS
132 of 164 people found this useful
Doesn't work well
I had a similar problem to others that have bought this device. I thought it was going to be a great addition to my workspace, bu I had a similar problem to others that have bought this device. I thought it was going to be a great addition to my workspace, but the battery attachment does NOT fit well in my keyboard or magic trackpad and it loses contact or doesn't make contact at all. Save yourself the money and just buy rechargeable batteries separately. …
- Written by Navin C from New York
89 of 110 people found this useful
Good product but not perfect
This is a really good and functional product and I was really excited to be able to drop using batteries altogether with my wirele This is a really good and functional product and I was really excited to be able to drop using batteries altogether with my wireless keyboard and trackpad. It really does live up to what it promises and is a good product.
Unfortunately this product only comes with one chargeable battery. Most people I would asume, use both a keyboard and a mouse/trackpad. I would definitely buy an extra battery if there was such a product!
Now I have the Mobee battery in my keyboard and my trackpad runs on aa-batteries. Buying another whole Magic Bar set just to get another battery pack doesn't seem like a viable option. …
- Written by Matilda M from Helsinki
53 of 64 people found this useful
Battery pack poorly designed
I was disappointed more in myself in that I read these reviews and thought Mobee can't possibly have designed the battery pack to I was disappointed more in myself in that I read these reviews and thought Mobee can't possibly have designed the battery pack to be too short. Well I bought one of these from the Apple Store and guess what... that battery pack is too short. I have a current Apple BT keyboard that accepts two AA batteries and the Mobee battery pack does not make contact.
The concept is brilliant. I have the Mobee Magic Mouse charger and it works great. I just cannot believe Mobee has so poorly designed this product. Why don't they just make the battery pack the same length of two AA batteries so it fits? …
- Written by Ian P from Canberra
Don't buy it if you have the 3-battery bluetooth keyboard
IT DOESN'T FIT. Not only is the battery pack only 2 cells long, it does not lock shut into the keyboard.
- Written by Jon P from Wallingford
Why this should be disconnected & what is better
1. Buy the Apple rechargeable battery charger kit which includes 6aa NiMH batteries for 29.99CAD. You then have batteries for the 1. Buy the Apple rechargeable battery charger kit which includes 6aa NiMH batteries for 29.99CAD. You then have batteries for the keyboard, mouse and trackpad... The batteries charge in same amount of time, they will provide much longer run time, they can be charged many more times, and they will stay charged longer even if the devices are not in use (time between charges is months).
2. This product costs twice as much, yet only includes 2 batteries.. Also the batteries are NiCD - which are out-dated, they perform horribly, they lose charge in less than a week just sitting around even when not inserted in a device, at best when fully charged you get 6 hours runtime... Seriously? Discontinue this product please. …
- Written by Rene F from Winnipeg
7 of 9 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use the Magic Trackpad while it's docked in the charger?
- Asked by Mark B from Cupertino
Yes, the recharger does not impede the use of the keyboard or trackpad while they're charging.
- Answered by Jeffrey C from San Francisco
Can you use it with the 3-battery version keyboard? As in, use this and add an extra battery to make it work?
- Asked by Jennifer D from San Francisco
The Magic Bar is compatible with the 2AA battery version of the Apple wireless keyboard. It is not The Magic Bar is compatible with the 2AA battery version of the Apple wireless keyboard. It is not possible to put in an additional battery. …
- Answered by Mobee T
Is this device compatible (I.e., usable with) the Magic Wand unit (locks keyboard/trackpad together)? That is, do they fit together at the same time?
- Asked by Wayne R from Ottawa
No, you cannot use Magic Bar with the Magic Wand
- Answered by Julie V
Does it work with the LMP Bluetooth Keypad WKP-1314?
- Asked by Frank G from Gloucester
No it does not. The only keyboard that it is compatible with, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard, curren No it does not. The only keyboard that it is compatible with, is the Apple Wireless Keyboard, current model, that uses 2-AA Batteries. …
- Answered by Cristof K from Las Vegas