The WD My Passport for Mac portable hard drive includes super-fast USB 3.0 connectivity for truly impressive transfer rates. It makes the perfect travel companion for your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
Ultra-fast transfer rates
When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport for Mac lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Get transfer times up to three times faster than with USB 2.0.*
Sleek, compact design
This compact enclosure offers plenty of storage, making it the ideal companion for the graphic professional, student or road-warrior.
WD Security and WD Drive Utilities
Set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorised use or access. Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using the WD Drive Utilities.
Formatted for Mac
My Passport for Mac is HFS+ journaled so it works right out of the box with your MacBook. It is also compatible with Time Machine so you can quickly back up your files.
WD quality inside and out
WD builds the drive inside with demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance and long-term reliability. Then the drive is surrounded with a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
- Transferring files in blazing-fast speed with USB 3.0
- Connect to USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices
- Back up your files with Time Machine
- Secure your files from unauthorised access with password protection and hardware encryption
Did you notice?Connect to a USB 3.0 port and transfer a full-length HD movie in under five minutes.
Apple Recommends ForTaking your photos, movies, videos and documents with you wherever you take your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport for Mac
- USB cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption,Sleep Mode,Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- Power Source: External power supply
- Height: 21 mm/0.82 in.
- Width: 110.8 mm/4.36 in.
- Weight: 230 g
- Length: 82.3 mm/3.24 in.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBLUZ0020BSL-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037814537
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- * Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
You Get What You Pay For
I had this for two weeks and it died. Not leaving me with too much faith in WD hard drives. The price was right...the product wa I had this for two weeks and it died. Not leaving me with too much faith in WD hard drives. The price was right...the product wasn't …
- Written by Greg J from Muskego
4 of 6 people found this useful
Excellent little drive
Don't let the 1-star reviewer fool you. This drive is excellent. I've had several of them over the past year with no problems. I r Don't let the 1-star reviewer fool you. This drive is excellent. I've had several of them over the past year with no problems. I regularly get around 85-90MBps transfer out of them. The other reviewer should note that EVERY hard drive manufacturer has drives that die, that is the nature of spindle hard drives. Back up your stuff and when a drive dies, just replace it. I've had great luck with WD's customer service too. They now offer to ship you a replacement drive before you ship back a faulty drive so that you can get up and running faster. …
- Written by Justin V from Wellington
46 of 51 people found this useful
After about a year, the product stopped working. The hard drive spins with scratching noise and other clicking sounds... Now I'm After about a year, the product stopped working. The hard drive spins with scratching noise and other clicking sounds... Now I'm scrambling to replace this and hoping nothing happens while left with no backup. …
- Written by Aaron C from Colleyville
21 of 44 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is it powered by the usb cable or by mains power supply ?
- Asked by Martin J H
powered by the (supplied) USB3 cable
- Answered by Craig T
- Answered by Dan G from Bedminster
Where can i purchase a replacement cable for this product?
- Asked by Heath V from Oxford
No answers yet
Can I use half of the storage for time machine and the other half to save my iTunes and iPhoto library?
- Asked by Josue Alexander R from Miami Doral
You can, this is how I use mine... BUT I'd recommend using Disk Utility and create a second partitio You can, this is how I use mine... BUT I'd recommend using Disk Utility and create a second partition on the drive first, then tell Time Machine to use one partition. Use the other for your files. Less messy. …
- Answered by Matthew E
How can I access files stored on my passport from an iPad?
- Asked by Olivier L from St-bruno
I'm afraid that Apple didn't design the iPad to be used directly connected to a USB device. You woul I'm afraid that Apple didn't design the iPad to be used directly connected to a USB device. You would need to transfer any videos that you want on your iPad to iTunes and from there sync them over to the iPad. Hope it helps. …
- Answered by Kevin G from Coamo
does this come formatted for the mac?
- Asked by Joanne D from Glen Rock
Yes, Simply plug and play. Or store in this case.
- Answered by Gareth K