The WD My Passport for Mac portable hard drive includes super-fast USB 3.0 connectivity for truly impressive transfer rates. It makes the perfect travel companion for your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air.
Ultra-fast transfer rates
When connected to a USB 3.0 port, My Passport for Mac lets you access and save files in blazing speed. Get transfer times up to three times faster than with USB 2.0.*
Sleek, compact design
This compact enclosure offers plenty of storage, making it the ideal companion for the graphic professional, student or road-warrior.
WD Security and WD Drive Utilities
Set password protection and hardware encryption for your drive to protect your files from unauthorised use or access. Register your drive, set drive timer, run diagnostics and more using the WD Drive Utilities.
Formatted for Mac
My Passport for Mac is HFS+ journaled so it works right out of the box with your MacBook. It is also compatible with Time Machine so you can quickly back up your files.
WD quality inside and out
WD builds the drive inside with demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance and long-term reliability. Then the drive is surrounded with a durable enclosure designed for style and protection.
- Transferring files in blazing-fast speed with USB 3.0
- Connect to USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices
- Back up your files with Time Machine
- Secure your files from unauthorised access with password protection and hardware encryption
Did you notice?Connect to a USB 3.0 port and transfer a full-length HD movie in under five minutes.
Apple Recommends ForTaking your photos, movies, videos and documents with you wherever you take your MacBook.
What's in the Box?
- WD My Passport for Mac
- USB cable
- Quick install guide
- Other Features: Data Encryption, Sleep Mode, Time Machine Compatible
- Connections: USB 2.0, USB 3.0
- Power Source: Bus Powered
- Height: 15 mm/0.6 in.
- Width: 110.6 mm/4.35 in.
- Weight: 140 g
- Length: 82.1 mm/3.23 in.
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Mfr. Part Number: WDBLUZ0010BSL-NEAP
- UPC or EAN No.: 718037814353
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- * Performance may vary based on your hardware and system configuration.
Ratings & Reviews
Bought this to store all my school stuff and any other additional stuff that I don't want to lose. Looks great, it maintains the A Bought this to store all my school stuff and any other additional stuff that I don't want to lose. Looks great, it maintains the Apple aesthetic of the silver and black. Speed is a little slow, but it is great if you want it for something simple, and won't be using it every day. Perfect for casual users that just need something to store your stuff on. …
- Written by Christine D from Fleming Island
35 of 37 people found this useful
it gives average transfer rate of 50-60MBPS.
Its light ! compared to other HDD like seagate, and small in size
- Written by Wangel T
28 of 31 people found this useful
poor WD product
quit after 6 months -- i can't even find support --if a product won't work,support IS part of its functionality
- Written by James H from st clair shores
15 of 17 people found this useful
This hard drive is horrible, only lasted about 7 months. The worst part of the situation was none of the data was retrievable. You This hard drive is horrible, only lasted about 7 months. The worst part of the situation was none of the data was retrievable. You've been warned. …
- Written by Jamie T from Newark
This is a horrible product. I bought one about two years ago and for the entire first year it would randomly eject and then requir This is a horrible product. I bought one about two years ago and for the entire first year it would randomly eject and then require a different USB cable for it mount again. At the end of the first year it died completely and would not mount at all. This drive was replaced by WD support, which I appreciated, but now regret having put my faith in this product a second time (fool me twice). The second drive had all of the exact same problems as the first and even failed permanently after 9 months. I've never had one of these hard drives last longer than 9 months and I STRONGLY DISCOURAGE anyone from considering this product. …
- Written by Aron T from Conroe
4 of 4 people found this useful
Not worth the price!
Worked great for a short period. It began beeping and no longer recognizable. Keep searching elsewhere.
- Written by Lora H from Helotes
13 of 14 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is the usb cable supplied compatible with the USB 2.0 connections on my 2011 iMac
- Asked by Jeffrey R
Yes it is compatible
- Answered by Andrew R from Blackburn
does this work with mavericks os?
- Asked by Albert M from Washington
- Answered by Dan G from Bedminster