The Vestax Spin2 controller turns your Mac and iOS devices into a full-blown DJ system suitable to party rock the crowd and create remixes with your favorite tracks in iTunes.
Be your own DJ
Put your iTunes music to work with Algoriddim djay, the No.1 DJ app in the App Store. djay seamlessly integrates with your iTunes library allowing you to mix your music and DJ with your Apple devices. The extremely intuitive drag and drop interface, tempo matching, and mix recording bring new life to your music.
Feel the mix
Spin2 puts all of the functions of the djay software at your fingertips. Professional Vestax mixer controls, EQ, crossfader, jogwheels, and intuitive DJ effects controls make the mixing experience a pleasure. Spin2 also gives you high-quality audio to cue up songs and mix them in via the headphone output and send your mix to your speakers. Paired with djay for iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch, you have an ultra-portable DJ system ready to rock any party.
Loving your iOS devices
Made for iOS devices, Spin2 even allows direct plug-and-play connectivity to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch with the integrated 30-pin connector. Spin2 also charges your device for endless DJ sessions. Got the new iPhone 5? No problem, just get the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter and you are on your way. Spin2 also takes advantage of iOS 6 features, most notably the new multichannel audio capability for simultaneous headphone cuing and stereo output. There's even iCloud integration for syncing important djay data across your iOS devices.
- Get creative with easy to use DJ tools such as Loop, Cue, FX, Equalizer, Filter, and Scratching
- Essential features from DJ mixers and turntables all in one unit
- Simple symmetrical control layout
- Compatible with iOS6 multi audio output
- 24-bit/48kHz studio grade audio quality
- Designed for djay for Mac, djay for iPhone, djay for iPad, and vjay
- Charges iOS devices while you play
- Meta data including cue points generated in djay are synced across iOS devices via iCloud
- Perfect integration with your iTunes library
- Mix your favorite videos in your iTunes library with vjay
- High resolution JOG wheels for precise scratching and cueing
- Strip Touch control for easy in-track searching
- Three-band EQ and dedicated filter knob to create smooth transitions
- Automatic key detection for harmonic mixes
- Intuitive FX presets for on-the-fly build-ups and brake-downs
- Record samples on the fly from playing decks and layer your mix
- Stream your mixes to AirPlay-supported devices
- Record mixes for podcasts and mixtapes and save it directly to your iTunes library
- Compact and lightweight body that lets you take the party everywhere
Did you notice?Compatible with the vjay app, so you can stream music mixes and video mash-ups wirelessly to devices that support AirPlay.
Apple Recommends ForMusic enthusiasts and casual listeners who want to mix tracks and playlists in iTunes from their iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
What's in the Box?
- Vestax Spin2 DJ/VJ MIDI Controller
- USB cable
- User manual
- SDC-6 power adapter
- License key for algoriddim djay (for Mac)
- Height: 1.85 in./4.7 cm
- Width: 16.92 in./43 cm
- Weight: 3.2 lb./1.45 kg
- Length: 9.52 in./24.2 cm
- Mac OS X v10.5 or later; iOS 4.2 or later
- Intel processor
- 1GB of RAM
- Mfr. Part Number: SNC-16
- UPC or EAN No.: 4516184700392
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
djay LE - The DJ App for iPhone
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay, Algoriddim's award-winning and highly acclaimed DJ app for iPhone and iPod touch: try djay LE for FREE!
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• "The first app that truly nails DJing on the iPhone and iPod touch." — Digital DJ Tips
• "Best in its class." — Mashable
• "If ever there was a program meant for touchscreens, this is it." — MacUser
djay transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a full-fledged portable DJ system and gives you direct access to up to 25 of your songs from your music library. A hyper-realistic touchscreen interface and ultra-low latency converge to offer you a true professional mixing experience, right in the palm of your hand.
With unprecedented ease-of-use and innovative multi-touch mixing features, djay for iPhone brings DJing to the next level, offering a unique experience for beginners and professionals alike—all in your pocket.
djay LE gives you access to the following FEATURE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Shuffle Playlist with up to 25 songs from your music library
- Hyper-realistic low-latency turntable interface
- Single Deck Mode
- Automatic beat and tempo matching (BPM sync)
- Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher, Filter (High Pass, Low Pass)
- Looping: Auto, Manual, and Bounce
- Cue Point Trigger
- Pre-Cueing with headphones
- High-quality scratching
- Mixer, tempo, and EQ controls
- AirPlay integration
- Support for all major audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF (no support for DRM protected songs)
Get the full version of djay for even more exciting features such as Recording, Automix, Sampler, HD Waveforms, access to your entire music library, and so much more…
For the latest updates and to connect with the djay community:
• Follow @Algoriddim on Twitter
• Become a fan of djay on Facebook: www.facebook.com/djaysoftware …
0800-692-7753 or Chat now
iPad (1st generation)
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
One Major Flaw!!
I got my Spin 2 today and was filled with excitement until I discovered one major flaw. This unit does not have a input for a mic I got my Spin 2 today and was filled with excitement until I discovered one major flaw. This unit does not have a input for a mic. C'mon man, what's a Dj without his or her mic? Please consider the following before buying:
1. Better overall layout than previous model (sample buttons, scratch buttons, scroll feature, etc)
2. Better sound than previous model
3. Nice visibility in the dark
4. Very compact
1. No mic input as on the previous model
2. Platters are a step down from the previous model (my opinion)
3. No automix button as on the previous model (could be set manually)
4. No XLR connection
5. No external input options (handy in the event the unit crashes while in session)
If not for the mic issue, I would have rated this unit a 4.5 stars and I would have been fairly satisfied with my purchase. Unfortunately, I will be returning this unit tomorrow. …
- Written by Douglas T from Fort Washington
79 of 94 people found this useful
Was expecting more.....
I've been Djing for over 20 years now, and I must say the Spin2 was a dissappointment and especially at the price Happy Holidays!
I've been Djing for over 20 years now, and I must say the Spin2 was a dissappointment and especially at the price point.
There are just so many options out there at this price!?!
I was expecting some cooler pads, effects and loop controls on the fly and more, but all
I'm getting is 30 pin cord? and i have to buy an adapter now as my iPad and iphone are on Lighting?
Also djing on a iPhone for the extra 200 bucks more than the first Spin is waaaay not worth it.
djay on an iphone has its perks, but you will not experience the total enjoyment of djing off of an iPhone.
If you want to DJ on iPhones, just buy the Numark iDJ Live, as you can't go wrong with the price.
And if you like djing on the iPad, the Spin1 (a keeper for the price) works fine with the camera USB kit available at Apple.
Unfortunately I'll have to pass on the 2. …
- Written by Jennifer G
66 of 81 people found this useful
Picked one up today!
I just got mines today,and must say not bad. It's all plastic but built solid. I use it with my iPhone and mini ipad,had to buy th I just got mines today,and must say not bad. It's all plastic but built solid. I use it with my iPhone and mini ipad,had to buy the 30 pin adaptor for my mini ipad which works fine and charge up your ipad too which is good. It respond very well with djay&vjay. My only two down for is that the power plug come off easy,so you really need to be careful. And the other it's pretty pricey. But over all not bad good job vestax! …
- Written by steven V from staten island
49 of 60 people found this useful
simply love it
I bought the Spin2 to DJ with my iPad and it works great! Plug the two together and that's all you need to do to get it working. I I bought the Spin2 to DJ with my iPad and it works great! Plug the two together and that's all you need to do to get it working. I also take an AppleTV with me to some gigs and airplay my video mixes from vjay! Everything I need to DJ is there for me. I never thought not having a Mic on the Spin2 as a down side because if I was to gig for an event with such requirements like weddings, I would be bringing my PA kit anyway. …
- Written by 励志 水 from 横浜市
17 of 22 people found this useful
Use it with the DJ Player app!
It works with the DJ Player app as well, which extends this unit to 6 cue/loop points per deck and momentary reverse.
- Written by Gábor S from Kápolnásnyék
14 of 18 people found this useful
WHY? NO MIC? and an adapter for my iPhone
Where's the MIC? This is a feature I need especially when my gigs are events that need an MC. No Mic no wedding!
And I'm rather u Where's the MIC? This is a feature I need especially when my gigs are events that need an MC. No Mic no wedding!
And I'm rather upset that another 30 bucks for an adapter for to work on my iPhone! I just dropped 380 on this unit and now its over 400??? …
- Written by Thomas C
19 of 31 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
is this compatible with the iphone 5?
- Asked by Gabriel C from Portland
If you have actual DJ headphones, they should work just fine. The previous poster is wrong, this is If you have actual DJ headphones, they should work just fine. The previous poster is wrong, this is a great device to use with a laptop. It is specifically built to interface with Djay by algoriddim, and actually comes with a license key for that program so you won't have to purchase the program separately.
The djay program offers lots of great features you can use without an interface, but most DJ's prefer to have a physical interface rather than relying totally on a standard keyboard …
- Answered by Michael W from Minneapolis
Is the spin 2 compatible with ipad mini?
- Asked by Erwin A from Houston
Spin2 is compatible with iPad mini. I have one and it works fine. You need to get the Lightning to 3 Spin2 is compatible with iPad mini. I have one and it works fine. You need to get the Lightning to 30pin converter though. …
- Answered by 励志 水 from 横浜市