Twelve South's BookBook case and wallet holds your iPhone, your ID, debit/credit cards and cash so you'll have everything in one place when you're out and about. With the look of a tiny vintage book, BookBook is a high-quality leather case that's hand-distressed to give each one a unique finish.
Protection and access
Safeguard your iPhone 5 while retaining edge-to-edge access to the touch screen and full use of buttons and ports. You can also charge or listen to your iPhone without removing it from BookBook.
A built-in ID window lets you show your drivers license without taking it out, plus an easy thumb-slide for those occasions when you do have to remove your ID. Vertical slots and one horizontal pocket hold debit/credit cards, cash and receipts.
- Miniature book doubles as wallet and iPhone case
- Protects your iPhone while allowing edge-to-edge use of touch screen
- Quick-pull tab for quickly removing or inserting your iPhone
- Convenient ID window with thumb-slide
- Charge/sync your iPhone while still in its case
- Eliminates the need to carry a wallet
- Disguises your wallet and iPhone as a vintage, pocket-sized book
- Made with high-quality, genuine leather
- Hand distressed so no two are exactly alike
Did you notice?Hand distressing gives each BookBook case a finish unlike any other.
Apple Recommends ForCarry everything in one place – and protect it – thanks to this combined wallet and case for iPhone 5.
What's in the Box?
- Twelve South BookBook Case
- Mfr. Part Number : 12-1232
- UPC or EAN No. : 851522002672
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note : Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
Ratings & Reviews
Good product: well thought out
First day of having this wallet/case, I had a few gripes:
-The wallet would not close all the way unless I put the phone face up and the weight closes it. It really bothered me.
-Very uncomfortable talking on the phone. Wasn't sure how anyone could hold the phone.
-No place for cash. It's too big and won't let it close on me.
Having the case for a month, I can say I like it!
-The wallet fully closes now whichever side I put it on.
-I learned that I needed to fold back the case with the credit cards and such sticking out. The case gave grip to the phone and now I feel uncomfortable without it.
-Still no place for cash, but I feel like it grew on me. I carry 3 credit cards, my license, and a couple receipts and it's more than enough.
Overall, I would recommend the case, but it does take getting a little use to. I'm the type of person that always forgets either his wallet or phone, and having two in one makes forgetting both much harder. It is a little thicker in my pocket, but I've gotten use to it, and I don't need to worry about having my keys in the same pocket as my phone anymore!
A++ would recommend! …
- Written by ANTOINE P from Irvine
112 of 127 people found this useful
Review for all the Canucks out there
Just received the Twelve South BookBook Case for iPhone 5, literally. I have had it for less then a day and here are my first tho ughts:
- The spine measures about 2cm wide, and the front/back measures 13cm x 7cm.
- As stated it has spots for 3 cards and your ID (or another card I suppose)
- Initial quality appears excellent, the comments about being able to smell the leather are true
- Yes, you can use both cameras with the case
- I have a black iPhone 5 with the brown case and it looks great, I have seen the black on black as well and it looks very sharp as well. Have not seen a white phone in this case.
- Yes you have access to all buttons / ports on the phone
- I like the idea of having my wallet and phone all-in-one
The "On the fence"
- I am still trying to get used to the size, it is bigger then the wallet I used to carry and is much bigger then just having a phone in your pocket. I wouldn't say you would carry this around in your front pocket of your jeans. (Wondering if overtime it will get worn in and be a little more compact).
- Holding cash, when you have say 10 bills, seems to be a bit of an issue, there is a place for cash behind the cards, but CDN money (different size then US) when folded in half still sticks out the edge and over part of the spine, and with 10 bills folded that way the case does not close well. If you are someone that rarely carries cash (or very little), then this is not an issue. I am still trying to figure out a good way to store more then 4 or 5 bills in it.
Like I said, this is just my initial thoughts, I will update in a month or so. …
- Written by Michael R from Regina
90 of 106 people found this useful
Twelve South does it again
I love this latest BookBook. The snap in case is an improvement over the old slide in type of the 4s version. I also like the came ra hole and the fact i can hold more cards is a plus. You can't go wrong if you get this. It eliminates the need for a phone case and a wallet. I have one on my MacBook air and my New iPad, awesome!!!!!! I get a lot of complements when people notice it. …
- Written by Jack H from ROSEVILLE
60 of 69 people found this useful
As others have noted, poor quality. I've had mine for less than three months and some stitching has started to fail and finish ove r the plastic surround that hold the phone has worn away exposing the plastic.
The back side, near the cut-out for the camera has deformed too. Not what I expected for this price.
The maintenance/cleaning blub you get with the case says the manufacture likes the worn look and that they think it looks better that way. To a point I could agree but would you really expect them to engineer in wear points that I and others have noticed?
This is the first Twelve South case I have bought. And the last. Not for my phone my iPads or my MacBook.
I had been planning on buying their BookArc stand and although it has some great reviews - so does this case (and I see the good case reviews are from new owners). So I'll probably look elsewhere for a stand too.
I really do hope this review does two things - firstly, make people think twice before buying this case and secondly, demonstrates the damage a poor product can have on future sales across a brand's range. …
- Written by Matthew L from Mansfield
Just gotten one of these.....
Was loving it until I realized......there's no hole for your camera/torch light etc....both of which I use a lot. Might be purchas ing a new cover soon :( …
- Written by Amber J from Melbourne
I've had my BOOKBOOK for 2 years now and it is still in great shape. In fact much like any real leather product it gets better wit h age. LOVE IT!!! …
- Written by Phil D from Calgary
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Diana C from Los Angeles
No, the BookBook for iPhone 4/4S is only compatible with the iPhone 4/4S. The iPhone 5 is a differen t form factor from the 4/4S and will not fit inside the case.
You will need to purchase a BookBook for iPhone 5 if you want a BookBook for your iPhone 5. …
- Answered by Callum K
- Asked by Jane D from Lovell
The cover can be folded the whole way round the back of the iPhone, it can be used in the pouch with out any issues. …
- Answered by Callum K
- Asked by Ralph G from Floresville
- Asked by Tom M from Norwood
- Asked by John S from Paisley
It is only available in vintage brown. Awesome color.
- Answered by Lisa P from Waterdown