These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2393
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005274
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Do not recommend
Bought this right after I got my Mac a year ago. It does keep my mac protected from most damages, my mac has fallen from my bed on Bought this right after I got my Mac a year ago. It does keep my mac protected from most damages, my mac has fallen from my bed onto my carpet floor and it was fine. I would not recommend because the case itself causes these black hole indentations on my Mac, sometimes even scratches not many though, and dirt will still build up in the space in between the case and the Mac so you have to remove it from time to time to clean it off, especially in the vent area. I'm going to most likely replace it with an InCase soft shell case, my brother has it in black and his is scratch less so far. …
- Written by Tahisha V from Ottawa
109 of 135 people found this useful
I bought my macbook pro in August and purchased this case a week later (a 1500mac should have some protection) it installs very ea I bought my macbook pro in August and purchased this case a week later (a 1500mac should have some protection) it installs very easy, every port and the superdrive is easily assessable it looks good and does protect the macbook pro.I have no marks on the case or the mac,it does add some weight(not much but you'll notice),there are no issues with heat,it will allow fine dust to get in between the case and the mac,just pop it off and hit it with a blast of compressed air,put it back on and you're good. It is pricey for a piece of plastic,but worth the protection.I highly recommend this case …
- Written by Hector C from ellenwood
76 of 87 people found this useful
Before buying this case i purchased a similar but cheaper hard case from ebay, it fit poorly and the ports where poorly aligned, i Before buying this case i purchased a similar but cheaper hard case from ebay, it fit poorly and the ports where poorly aligned, i guess you get what you pay for.
Although this is quite an expensive case, I have no regrets buying it. It fits perfectly on the retina macbook pro with all ports easily accessible. the material is lightweight and thin adding minimal weight to the machine, yet it remains highly protective. I couldnt recommend it enough.
I purchased the clear version, and it looks great, showing off the sleek design of the macbook. However, I believe the clear version is also far more prone to scratches, this is something that I have noticed with my own case. Thankfully these scratches are only visible when you take off the case and look at it in the light. other than that, I cant fault the case and it was definitely worth the investment. …
- Written by Paul A from london
58 of 61 people found this useful
"macbook pro's second skin"
Just got the speck 13 smartShell Case for Macbook pro-retina display...perfectly fits the my macbook pro . The ease on placing eac Just got the speck 13 smartShell Case for Macbook pro-retina display...perfectly fits the my macbook pro . The ease on placing each shell case is very convenient . Just a reminder that before placing the smart shell case,make sure to dust and clean your macbook first since after placing the case..it would be really a challenge to remove it. Overall the smart Shell is a perfect option to prevent the macbook from scratches and dirt. It also closes without any gaps. …
- Written by Ponciano O from Vancouver
I've been using this case for a few weeks. The first thing i noticed was that it is super tight around the edges of the computer, I've been using this case for a few weeks. The first thing i noticed was that it is super tight around the edges of the computer, but the flat part that covers the top and bottom of the laptop barely touch the computer. With that being said, it is SOOO squeaky! I put the laptop with the case on it in my backpack and it sounds horrible! I removed the case and the problem went away. …
- Written by Amanda Z from Cincinnati
1 of 1 people found this useful
Brought a "vivid yellow " its actually Green one (which is what i wanted)
This case it much better quality then any other case I have brought in the past, the case keeps it a better profile , a slimmer an This case it much better quality then any other case I have brought in the past, the case keeps it a better profile , a slimmer and sleek design, and it shuts too , other cases wont let the mac shut properly. brought the vivid yellow case but its a green case like in the photo , really nice. cant fault it. …
- Written by James M from Derby
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Does this case pass the MIL STD 810G test? The description did not say.
- Asked by Adrienne M from Palm Bay
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the act Huh? What is the question? The 11" Speck shell is made for the 11" Macbook Air. The 11.6" is the actual screen dimensions but Apple doesn't sell the Macbook Air as the 11.6" model. …
- Answered by Steven C from Browns Mills
Does this fit the white macbook 13inch 2006 0r 2008 model??
- Asked by James D from Palmerston North
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga