These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Pro. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForHard-shell protection that keeps your MacBook light on its feet.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- Mfr. Part Number: SPK-A2402
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709005304
Non-Apple Branded products / Third Party Products
- Note: Apple's One Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer - Please see your product box and literature for details. Rights under the product manufacturer's warranty are in addition, and not instead of, any rights that you have under consumer protection laws.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry and wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
Not worth it.
I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 1 I bought this case after reading reviews of this product for the MacBook Pro 13 inch with retina display. I have the Macbook Pro 15 inch with retina display. It's a good product, but the company recommends that you remove the case and any dust that has collected in between the case and your laptop. When I went to remove the case, I found that it was very difficult to do and there was an excellent chance that it was going to scratch my brand new laptop-that cost me a $3800! Also, the screen for retina display laptops are super thin and I felt that removing the shell could damage the screen because it so hard to take off. Needless to say, I bought an Incase sleeve instead. $50 gone to waste, but at least I know my laptop won't be damaged by the case that is supposed to protect it. …
- Written by Raj S from Brampton
123 of 151 people found this useful
Got this just to keep my rMBP from cracking when Im on the move.. a precautionary measure I should say.. Good thing is it can with Got this just to keep my rMBP from cracking when Im on the move.. a precautionary measure I should say.. Good thing is it can withstand some hits..
However, the bottom part of the case two of the joint parts have broke.. (in about 2weeks) so now it kinda sides in and out now.. still works though..
Another thing, it does make your rMBP to heat up faster (if you're doing any high performance usage this will most likely cause it to heat up)..
But all in all an good product if you just want some protection... …
- Written by Alvi C from LONDON
54 of 58 people found this useful
SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE SCRATCHES EASILY AND AFTER A LITTLE WHILE THE FRONT BOTTOM PART DOESNT SEEM TO FIT AS TIGHT AS WHEN PURCHASED. GOT THE MOSHI CASE TOO AND FOR 10 DOLLARS MORE THINK IT FAR SUPERIOR IN FEEL, STYLE AND FITS THE MACBOOK FAR BETTER. …
- Written by Andreas R from New York
60 of 76 people found this useful
Might be damaging my MACBOOK?
After i installed the case, i think that the upper half of my macbook pro is bending!! I'm just going to keep it on for a bit long After i installed the case, i think that the upper half of my macbook pro is bending!! I'm just going to keep it on for a bit longer and see if it does anything bad to my laptop, the bottom half doesn't fit properly too! …
- Written by Sherman L from Richmond
1 of 1 people found this useful
do not buy!!
This was the worst purchase that I have ever made. I do not travel with my MacBook Pro, it generally remains on my desk at home b This was the worst purchase that I have ever made. I do not travel with my MacBook Pro, it generally remains on my desk at home but I liked the color of the case and decided to purchase it. The shell case cracked within 2 weeks. Then the base constantly slide off the bottom. Finally, the top piece started coming apart bit by bit. I finally just threw it in the trash. …
- Written by Gayle D from North Potomac
1 of 1 people found this useful
Don't Waste Your Money
This is a terrible case. I had it for two weeks before I noticed chips. Within a few months I had a huge crack right down the midd This is a terrible case. I had it for two weeks before I noticed chips. Within a few months I had a huge crack right down the middle, I have never dropped it or misused it, I was shocked the quality was so poor. Save your money and buy a better case! …
- Written by Laura V from Richmond Hill
1 of 1 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I can't tell if this Speck 13" SmartShell case for MacBook Air is pink or orange. (I've seen a lot of pinks around, but never an orange.)
- Asked by Jodi J S from Minneapolis
is the blue case darker in person? The website shows it as a turquoise color.
- Asked by Joshua A from Miramar
Yes it is. It has more of a bluish tone to it in person, but still turquoise/aqua color.
- Answered by Jodi A from Rancho Cucamonga
Will my 15" Macbook Pro (Retina) still fit inside the Henge vertical dock with this case on?
- Asked by Paul N
Hi i just bought a 11.6 macbook.can a case of 11' fit mine? then if not why not selling of 11.6 ? thanks.
- Asked by Mohamed S from Abudhabi
the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it sh the actual screen size is 11.6 inches, but companies can't be bothered to put the .6 on. Also, it should fit fine because there's never been a 11.0 inch macbook air …
- Answered by James D