Select an iPad mini
iPad mini at a glance.
iPad mini is perfectly sized for everything you love to do. And web pages, photos and videos look crisp and sharp on the brilliant display with 1024x768 resolution.
Powerful processing and fast graphics make everything quick, from launching apps to browsing the web. And its power-efficient design delivers up to 10 hours of battery life.2
iSight and FaceTime HD cameras
Shoot beautiful photos and stunning 1080p HD video with the iSight camera. Or make video calls with the FaceTime HD camera.3
Powerful apps included
iPad comes with great apps for sending email, browsing the web and making video calls. It also includes apps that let you do amazing things with your photos, movies, music, documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
Over 500,000 apps on
the App Store
No matter what you love to do, there’s probably an app for that. And because these apps are made specifically for iPad, they take full advantage of its advanced technologies.4
What’s in the box
- iPad mini
- Lightning to USB Cable
- 5W USB Power Adapter
iOS is even easier to use with features like Control Centre, AirDrop and smarter multitasking. And because it’s designed for iPad, everything not only looks beautiful, it runs beautifully.
Choose the iPad mini that’s right for you.
Wi–Fi or Wi–Fi + Cellular?
Wi-Fi model: Uses high-speed Wi-Fi networking to connect to the Internet. It’s ideal if you have a wireless Internet router in your home or if you’ll be using your iPad mini near a wireless hotspot in a coffee shop or school library, for example. There are Wi-Fi hotspots nearly everywhere around the world — iPad mini with Wi-Fi finds them automatically.
Wi-Fi + Cellular model: Keeps you connected to the Internet using a fast mobile data connection when Wi-Fi isn’t available. So you can stay connected when you’re commuting on the train, hanging out at the park, or looking for directions during a road trip. It’s available without a contract, and service is sold separately. See your carrier for rate plan information.
Products that you purchase in New Zealand are covered by New Zealand consumer law. For details, click here.
iPad mini also comes with 90 days of complimentary telephone technical support and a one-year limited warranty from Apple. To learn more about how Apple will service your iPad, click here.
AppleCare Protection Plan for iPad
Purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan to get up to two years of expert telephone technical support and additional hardware service options from Apple. For more information, please see the AppleCare Protection Plan for iPad.10
Frequently Asked Questions
Do all iPads use the same type of SIM card?
No. iPad mini uses a nano-SIM card. All other iPad models use a micro-SIM card. Micro-SIM cards cannot be used in devices that use nano-SIM cards.
Do accessories for iPad 2 and the third-generation iPad work with iPad with Retina display or iPad mini?
iPad with Retina display and iPad mini use the Lightning connector, which is different from the 30-pin connector on iPad 2 and the third-generation iPad. However, you can purchase a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter to use with existing 30-pin accessories (except those that require video output). For more information about compatibility, visit the iPad accessory pages on the Apple Online Store.
Where can I get a micro-SIM or nano-SIM card?
You can get a micro-SIM or nano-SIM card from any carrier offering iPad data plans.
|Size and Weight5||
|In the Box||
|Wireless and Cellular||
|Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording||
FaceTime HD Camera
|Battery and Power2||
|TV and Video||
|Mail Attachment Support||
Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
|Free Apps from Apple8||
Find My iPhone
Find My Friends
|Environmental Status Report||
iPad mini embodies Apple’s continuing environmental progress. It is designed with the following features to reduce environmental impact:
- Data plan is required. Check with your carrier for details. Speeds will vary based on site conditions.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using pre-production iPad mini units and software. Testing consisted of full battery discharge while performing each of the following tasks: video playback, audio playback and Internet browsing using Wi-Fi or mobile data network. Video content was a repeated 2-hour 23-minute film purchased from the iTunes Store. Audio content was a playlist of 358 unique songs, consisting of a combination of songs imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC encoding) and songs purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Internet over Wi-Fi and mobile data network tests were conducted using dedicated web and mail servers, browsing snapshot versions of 20 popular web pages and receiving mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Wi-Fi was associated with a network (except for Internet browsing over mobile data network); the Wi-Fi feature Ask to Join Networks and Auto-Brightness were turned off. Battery life depends on device settings, usage and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad units; actual results may vary.
- FaceTime calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. Availability over a mobile network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
- Refers to the total number worldwide. Not all content is available in all countries.
- Size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Cellular data plan is sold separately. The model you purchase is configured to work with a particular cellular network technology. Check with your carrier for compatibility and cellular data plan availability.
- GarageBand is free on the App Store for all iOS 7–compatible devices; additional GarageBand instruments and sounds are available with an in-app purchase. iPhoto, iMovie, Pages, Numbers and Keynote are free on the App Store for qualifying iOS 7–compatible devices activated on or after 1 September 2013. See www.apple.com/nz/ios/whats-new for iOS 7–compatible devices. Downloading apps requires an Apple ID.
- Wireless broadband recommended; fees may apply.
- AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. For complete details, see terms.