can you connect a lightning 30 pin adapter to the lightning vga adapter to give video output, analog audio and ipod control (from old system)
1 Answer from the Community
I tried this by connecting the 30 pin adaptor to the lightning VGA adaptor, then connecting the video feed to the video in of a TechnoGym treadmill and the 30 pin cable into the designated dock on the machine. The video worked fine and the phone receives charge (from the 30 pin cable). However the gym equipment did not recognise it as a compatible device and would not allow media control or Nike Plus functions. These do work when the 30 pin adaptor is used by itself. It appears the lightning socket on this product does not pass through much more than power (if anything).
- Answered by Ashley A from Evesham
- May 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use Lightning to 30-pin Adapter + 30-pin to VGA Adapter to connect iPad mini with my projector?
- Asked by Apisilp T from Sala Thammasop, Thawi Watthana
- Nov 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Lightning to 30-pin Adapter + 30-pin to VGA Adapter to connect iPad mini with my projector?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
How can I connect my iPad air (Lightning) to an RCA input?
- Asked by Christopher C from Boise
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect my iPad air (Lightning) to an RCA input?)
- Asked about: iPad