Can I the apple wireless keyboard switch between being used with an iPad and an iPhone quickly and easily?
I am thinking of buying this keyboard for use with my iPad mini and iPhone 5S.
First - I know that it will work with either of these devices, my question is NOT about that.
What I am trying to find out is how easy it is to go from one to the other. Do I have to set it up manually, each time I want to switch which device I am using it with? Or, can I pair the keyboard to both devices and then just use it with either? If so, then if I were to start typing on my iPhone, but then wanted to carry on typing on my iPad, how would I do that? Would I need to turn off my iPhone? Or would I have to go into settings and re-pair it?
I see that there is a Logitech keyboard that has buttons so you can switch quickly between Mac, iPad and IPhone very quickly, without pairing manually via iOS settings every time you switch, but it costs more (at time of writing on the Apple Store) and I would prefer an Apple branded product.
Thanks for any help from my fellow Apple-addicts! Hope I explained this query clearly!!
1 Answer from the Community
I have an Apple Keyboard (A1314), iPhone 5, iPad 3. I just tried to pair them at the same time and obviously failed. Thus, only one device can be paired at the same time and there is no any 'switch between paired devices' option from the keyboard. So, every time you want to use keyboard with one of devices, you have to manipulate with Bluetooth On/Off. Fortunately, in iOS7 it's easy accessible from the quick panel.
So, in spite of lacking a physical switcher on Apple keyboard, you can quite easily switch between paired devices.
- Answered by Kiryl S
- Oct 15, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I use an Olloclip to make pictures with my iPhone. Can this case be easily/quickly removed to use the Olloclip and and then quickly put back on?
- Asked by Donna G from Huntsville
- Dec 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I use an Olloclip to make pictures with my iPhone. Can this case be easily/quickly removed to use the Olloclip and and then quickly put back on?)
- Asked about: iPhone 6 Silicone Case - (PRODUCT)R…
How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?
- Asked by William H H from San Francisco
- Nov 7, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I set up Airport Extreme as BOTH a Switch AND Wireless Access Point?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
can i use my wireless keyboard on my iphone
- Asked by Lavinia J
- Dec 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my wireless keyboard on my iphone)
- Asked about: iPad
No answers yet