Do I need to have wifi if I'm just using ATV to mirror my iPad 4th gen that has its own 4G data plan?
- Asked by Matthew L from Goshen
- Apr 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to have wifi if I'm just using ATV to mirror my iPad 4th gen that has its own 4G data plan?)
2 Answers from the Community
The Apple TV needs to be connected to the same network (wifi or LAN) that your iPad is connected to in order to stream media from the iPad. The Apple TV doesn't work with cellphone service. Unless you set up your iPad as a hotspot (I think some cellular service companies allow that) so the Apple TV is on the same network as your iPad, the 4G data plan won't help mirror your iPad to the Apple TV.
- Answered by David C from Blackfoot
- Apr 20, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Your ATV has to be on same network. So, setup a hotspot and connect your ATV to that same network. Then voila!
Note: the ATV is as good as your network. I would expect that even 4G might find it challenging to show videos. But presentations etc should be ok.
- Answered by Mindy C from Port Moody
- Apr 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2