Can you connect an iPad 4 lightning connector to a USB midi keyboard? or do you need another adapter?
6 Answers from the Community
With my ipad4, Lightning to USB Camera adapter and M-Audio Keystation Mini 32 Ort Even Casio Privia PX-130 I can use GarageBand and Animoog.
- Answered by Andreas R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes, yes you can. In fact, I've connected several devices to my iPad Mini with this handy little cable. Including my Zoom H2N field recorder and my Blue Yeti Pro. The trick is that some devices require external power
- Answered by Dustin L from Elkton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I can use my Novation Xiosynth as a midi controller AND an audio interface. Works great! Nothing else required. However my Novation X-Station only works as an audio interface. I can not get the iPad to recognize any midi signal even through a powered USB hub. Go figure 8(
- Answered by Michael M from Vacaville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Yes, it works depending on your keyboard. With the newer Casio keyboards, GarageBand and iPad 4 there are no problems.
- Answered by Matthias W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
I've just used the lightning to USB connector to link my iPad Mini (using Garageband) to a midi keyboard controller, the Korg microkey 25. There seem to be some limitations, but it sounds the keyboards, guitar, bass, and sampler in the app. The strings only seem to sound as if it were one instrument, rather than a group, but you can play several keys to make a chord, making up for this to some extent. The drum seems limited to kick-drum and hi-hat only, but I've not experimented much with this.
The connector also works for my USB microphone, a Samson Meteor. Hope this is helpful to anyone out there using iPad & Garageband.
- Answered by Robin W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
This does not work with all keyboards. The Yamaha Disklavier E3 will not connect to the ipad with this adapter
- Answered by Jon F from York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Will this 30 pin adapter work iRIG MIDI + iPAD4 and connected keyboard fully, as MIDI IN and also MIDI OUT to control the keyboard?
- Asked by Karel K
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this 30 pin adapter work iRIG MIDI + iPAD4 and connected keyboard fully, as MIDI IN and also MIDI OUT to control the keyboard?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter
Is it possible to connect a midi keyboard to an ipad mini
- Asked by Karl G from Elmira
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to connect a midi keyboard to an ipad mini)
- Asked about: Lightning to Micro USB Adapter
will this work with usb midi controllers/keyboards IE Akai Lpk 25 or do i still need to use a camera connection kit first? Ipad 4 ios 6
- Asked by Aaron A
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with usb midi controllers/keyboards IE Akai Lpk 25 or do i still need to use a camera connection kit first? Ipad 4 ios 6)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (1m)