How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?
I've just bought a Thunderbolt external drive to use with my iMac 2007. The only connection that comes with the drive is a Thunderbolt cable. How do I connect the drive to the Mac? is there a Thunderbolt to Firewire or to USB connector?
- Asked by Stephen M
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I connect my new WD Thunderbolt Drive to my 2007 iMac?)
1 Answer from the Community
Thunderbolt is not backwards compatible at all because it is basically a revised mini display port that can also do hi speed data and other things. My point is that this technology will not work with old technology. So unfortunately there is no way to do what you are trying to do, sorry :( The best way I can explain it would be to compare it to trying to put a floppy disk into a cd drive.....it just doesn't work :P
- Answered by Jonathan D from Gilbert
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use an AirPort Express with a WD 6TB My Book Thunderbolt Duo Dual-Drive Storage System and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter?
- Asked by Darren P
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use an AirPort Express with a WD 6TB My Book Thunderbolt Duo Dual-Drive Storage System and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express