Will these adapters work with Airport Extreme (not Express)? If not, what kind of adapter can I use for Airport Extreme in the UK?
I need to use an Airport Extreme that I have to set up a network for a training demonstration that I'll be giving in the UK. Can I use the UK/Europe adapter for this? It seems to have the same connector in the power brick as, say for example, the magsafe does. But Airport Extreme is not listed in the list of compatible products (although Airport Express is). From what I can see between the two (Express and Extreme), there isn't a difference in voltage. But there must be a reason why Express is listed, but Extreme isn't, right?
- Asked by Eric B from Ladera Ranch
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these adapters work with Airport Extreme (not Express)? If not, what kind of adapter can I use for Airport Extreme in the UK?)
1 Answer from the Community
The Airport Extreme draws 0.5 amps, 100 to 240 volts, 50 to 60 Hz. The formula to obtain amps = watts / volts, and watts = amps x volts. The easier way to answer this is by looking at my 85 watt 15" Mac Book Pro power adapter which says 1.5 amps on it. So apparently the Airport Extreme takes 1/3rd the power. The Airport Express draws only 0.2 amps. Most Apple products are auto voltage selecting from 100 to 240 volts and from 50 Hz to 60, so for an iMac for instance, you just need an adapter plug. Plugging a hair dryer into this will give you a dead World Traveller Kit because of the high wattage!
- Answered by Ken G from Aurora
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work
- Asked by James H from Nedlands
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need the airport extreme for the airport express to work)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
Does Airport Extreme work with Time Capsule?
- Asked by Margaret S from Tiverton
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Extreme work with Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme