Is it waterproof? Can I use to swin?
- Asked by Luciano Oliveira S from Vinhedo
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it waterproof? Can I use to swin?)
1 Answer from the Community
Easiest answer to this is no - it most definitely can't be used for swimming.
The adidas miCoach website says: "The Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) is water resistant up to 1 m (or about 3 ft). However, the HRM will not work underwater, and it's advised that you don't immerse it in water."
With all devices that say 1m water resistant this basically means that they are splash proof.
Normally to swim with a product it should be at least 10m water resistant and some people even say 50m water resistant as it's not the depth but the water pressure that is important and if something is moving then the pressure is higher.
Hope this helps,
- Answered by Shaun M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
is there a waterproofing device?
- Asked by Ernest L from Peoria
- Flag as inappropriate (is there a waterproofing device?)
- Asked about: UP Wristband by Jawbone
No answers yet