Can I connect this to 2 iPhones at the same time? Mine and Wife for example?
I want my wife and I to both be able to control the lights with our separate iPhones.
- Asked by Martin F from Plano
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect this to 2 iPhones at the same time? Mine and Wife for example?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes, you just have to install the app on each device. We currently have it running on two iphones and 1 ipod touch.
- Answered by Abcd A from Rockville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I couldn't do that. After setting up the switch, only the iPhone that was used to set it up could detect the switch. The other iPhone can't even detect the switch at all. I have looked for answers on the net and couldn't find the solution.
- Answered by Anne B from Kendall Park
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, it can be controlled by multiple iPhones/iPads. The easiest way I have found to set this up is to have the WEMO setup on one iPhone. Once this one is working to your satisfaction (names, photos, etc.), download the WEMO app on the second iPhone, The app will download slowly, but once it is ready to open all of the WEMO devices are set up with the exact same settings as the original iPhone set-up. This corrects the problem of the second iPhone not finding your WEMO device (a common problem) if the WEMO app is already preloaded . This setup procedure can be repeated for all devices that will control the WEMO.
- Answered by Jerry R from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
how can I connect 2 bluetooth devices to my ipad
- Asked by Michelle B from Zionsville
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I connect 2 bluetooth devices to my ipad)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - British
can you have multiple iPhones to work with your apple tv
- Asked by Joseph M from Downers Grove
- Flag as inappropriate (can you have multiple iPhones to work with your apple tv)
- Asked about: Apple TV
How do you connect more than one USB device, for example, a printer AND a second external hard drive?
- Asked by Barrett I from Honolulu
- Flag as inappropriate (How do you connect more than one USB device, for example, a printer AND a second external hard drive?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB