Integrating a studio quality microphone preamp, 48V phantom power, fully balanced low-noise front end, analog gain control and driverless operation, the Icicle makes your microphone setup a snap.
Simplify the recording process
The Icicle works with both dynamic and condenser microphones, providing high-quality and hassle-free connectivity to a Mac or PC. Whether you're using a microphone for digital recording, podcasting, voice messaging or voice recognition applications, the Icicle makes connections quick and easy.
- Plug and record - no special drivers required
- Built-in studio-quality USB microphone preamp
- Supplies 48V phantom power for condenser mics
- Fully balanced low-noise analog front end
- Analog level control
- Phantom power active light
- USB cable
Did you notice?You can quickly bridge between XLR and USB cables to connect a mic directly to the USB port of your Mac
Apple Recommends ForEasy recording of vocal tracks on your Mac for GarageBand projects.
What's in the Box?
- Blue Microphones Icicle XLR to USB Converter
- USB cable (6.0 ft./1.83 m)
- Connections : USB,XLR
- Mac OS X
- 64 MB RAM
- Windows XP/Vista or later
- UPC or EAN No. : 836213001356
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty : Three-year limited
Ratings & Reviews
The idea of how this makes recording directly onto your Mac or PC easy, is great. And it does just that !. However, no matter what I tried, I consistently recorded a very prominent hiss. Thinking this maybe down to the mic, I tried the mics on different recording equipment and they sounded just fine. I find this very poor considering their reputation and the cost.
For anyone out there who have parted cash for this item, a very easy way to remove the hiss however and maintain excellent audio (for voice over etc), is to use SoundSoap. Takes seconds to fix and costs next to nothing to buy. Just a shame your having to spend more cash to make this purchase useful.
But on a lighter note, Apple once again have been outstanding in their delivery service - 2 working days and it was delivered to my doorstep. And this was ordered on the 18th Dec !!!. Simply awesome.
- Written by Kenny C from Edinburgh
14 of 14 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Excellent question. YES... but there is a caveat. Connecting the Icicle to the iPad via the USB came ra connector won't provide enough power and you will get a warning about how "the device uses too much power," and the iPad will ignore it.
HOWEVER, if you 1) connect the Icicle to a powered USB hub, and then 2) connect the hub's USB to the USB camera connector, you will be able to use an XLR mic connected to the Icicle - even ones that require phantom power. …
- Answered by Billions M from New York
- Asked by Christopher B from Grandview
As there is no switch to turn on/off phantom power will this damage a dynamic microphone i.e a Shure SMb7? Thanks In Advance
- Asked by Patrick C
No answers yet
Do you have to have a certain software package to record yourself singing or is GarageBand just a suggestion?
- Asked by Matthew P
This simply acts as a one channel audio interface and is therefore compatible with a large variety o f applications. …
- Answered by Scott B from Colwyn Bay