Charge and sync your iPad 2 and iPad third generation with the iPad Dock. Your iPad sits upright in the dock, so it’s perfect for a desk or worktop. It features a convenient audio line-out port that connects to powered speakers. And it supports other iPad accessories, such as the Apple Digital AV Adaptor and iPad Camera Connection Kit. You can even use it as a picture frame while it’s charging.
Here are some ways you can use the iPad Dock:
- Connect the dock to your computer with the USB cable included with your iPad to sync iPad and charge its battery.
- Connect the dock to a power point using the iPad 10W USB Power Adaptor (included with your iPad) to charge the iPad battery.
- Use the dock to hold iPad at the perfect angle to compose email and notes using a Bluetooth keyboard or to watch your favourite videos or photo slideshows.
- Connect the dock to a TV or video projector using a compatible accessory such as the Apple Digital AV Adaptor, the Apple VGA Adaptor or the Apple Component or Composite AV Cable.*
- Connect the dock to a stereo or speakers using an AV cable or a stereo audio cable to play music from iPad.*
What's in the Box?
- iPad Dock
1800 92 38 98 or Chat now
iPad 2 (2nd generation)
iPad (3rd generation)
Ratings & Reviews
Sad, that in Apples usual near perfect designs, they don't accommodate the one thing that physically separates the first and secon Sad, that in Apples usual near perfect designs, they don't accommodate the one thing that physically separates the first and second versions, something that costs 10% of the product itself.
Without the Smart Cover, and it fits fine, but it still feels like a design flaw to have to either remove, fold back or just leave the cover flapping undignified at the front. …
- Written by Stuart E from STALYBRIDGE
383 of 485 people found this useful
Wish I'd read more pre-submitted questions and answers before buying
In my opinion I will probably use this as a bedside stand to charge the iPad overnight.
My two main gripes with this accessory In my opinion I will probably use this as a bedside stand to charge the iPad overnight.
My two main gripes with this accessory are...
1. I bought this to be used with the Digital AV connector. However, the ipad can only be positioned in portrait; this is fine for most applications but when connecting via the Digital AV connector most movies, pictures would be more suited to being displayed in landscape.
2. The smart cover does not sit neatly behind the ipad when docked, therefore it either needs to be removed completely each time the dock is used or it has to be folded to one side, which looks untidy.
Overall disappointed. I would have expected more thought from Apple given the innovative ideas that have gone into the iPad and the price of the accessory. …
- Written by Gareth J from London
328 of 390 people found this useful
Not really worth getting. Several faults in my opinion:
- Does not accommodate iPad with the Smart Cover on
- Pretty fiddly to Not really worth getting. Several faults in my opinion:
- Does not accommodate iPad with the Smart Cover on
- Pretty fiddly to line up iPad with connector
- The dock is HUGE! …
- Written by KAVI T from London
331 of 429 people found this useful
Very Disappointed & it's Useless
I have to say this should be taken down from apples products & Redesigned Totally.
This is a waste of time getting if you would I have to say this should be taken down from apples products & Redesigned Totally.
This is a waste of time getting if you would like landscape mode as you can ONLY use this in Portrait ONLY & like many apple user's out there a lot of us mostly use this in landscape mode.
Also the smart cover behind when you dock the Ipad does not fit right. It's Very untidy & I would of expected much more from apple.
Be warned if your buying this. Make sure you know it's Pros & Cons people OK.
Right now Last time i laid my eyes on this in the house it was at the bottom of our Kids Toy box.
NOTE TO APPLE!!
Who ever designed this needs a chance to redesign it & Fast.. …
- Written by Gary G from Blackburn
Don't normally bother reviewing stuff but got this iPad dock, and none of the criticism posted here is justified. You don't have t Don't normally bother reviewing stuff but got this iPad dock, and none of the criticism posted here is justified. You don't have to remove the smart case, just fold it into a triangle behind it as you would if you were using it as a stand, and the iPad fits perfectly in the dock.
People complain it doesn't work in landscape mode - of course it doesn't, it doesn't claim too! It clearly shows and describes the iPad docked in portrait mode, the charger goes in at the bottom so how anyone could expect it to work in landscape mode, I don't know.
This is an excellent dock, keeps my iPad charged in the right postion for reading documents, which is what I use it for primarily - replacing paper. …
- Written by Tom S from Ruthin
50 of 54 people found this useful
OK but could do with ext mic input and remote
The design is good but I wish they'd have included an external mic input along side the line out and a remote control for music an The design is good but I wish they'd have included an external mic input along side the line out and a remote control for music and video navigation would have been nice. in short it's too basic and has missed a trick …
- Written by Richard M from Alton
24 of 30 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can the charger handle 220 v because we travel international and here in the US it's 110 while outside is 220 thanks
- Asked by Annelyn O from Long Beach
All iPad, MacBook, iPod and iPhone chargers have always been universal voltage and work with every v All iPad, MacBook, iPod and iPhone chargers have always been universal voltage and work with every voltage in the world.
The dock itself does not include a charger - you use the one that came with your iPad. …
- Answered by David D from East Melbourne
Shuld you fully charge the iPad 2 before using the first time
- Asked by Mary G
It is not necessary. Lithium-polymer batteries do not suffer from "memory effects". Just make sure t It is not necessary. Lithium-polymer batteries do not suffer from "memory effects". Just make sure to complete a charge cycle at least once a month and keep the device out of extreme hot/cold environments. A charge cycle is when the battery's power is entirely consumed. So if I use 50% of the battery today, charge the battery back to 100%, and use 50% of the battery again tomorrow, that will have completed a single charge cycle. The battery typically lasts a certain number of charge cycles before it degrades to about 80% of the original battery capacity. …
- Answered by Ryan C from Newmarket
can you connect to a printer
- Asked by C Z
I purchased Print n Share off the App Store and it works with all my network printers in my home and I purchased Print n Share off the App Store and it works with all my network printers in my home and office and anyvother printers with a little setup. …
- Answered by Barry C from Surrey
Can I use the dock with the ipad smart case
- Asked by Tommy B from Riverview
Can you use the iPad 2 dock to connect to a pc and transfer files back and forth between iPad & PC?
- Asked by Diane Y from Gainesville
Yes you can. "Connect the dock to your computer with the USB cable included with your iPad 2 to syn Yes you can. "Connect the dock to your computer with the USB cable included with your iPad 2 to sync iPad 2 and charge its battery." …
- Answered by William N from New York
Is the ipad dock work on vizio sound bar ?
- Asked by Charlet C from Union City