For amazing graphics processing power, the ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB of GDDR5 memory is an ideal choice for visual creative, scientific and technical applications.
ATI Radeon HD 5870 includes three video ports: two Mini DisplayPorts and one dual-link DVI port. This allows you to connect the 24-inch Apple LED Cinema Display plus another Mini DisplayPort-based display and a DVI-based display such as the 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display. Display adapters are available to connect VGA displays.
- Connections : Mini DisplayPort,Dual-Link DVI
- Mac OS X v10.6.4 or later
- Requires PCI Express 2.0 slot
- Mfr. Part Number : MC743ZM/A
- UPC or EAN No. : 885909430970
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Elvin Alvian S from Cimahi
Will this Radion HD 5870 work with the MacPro 12 Core Mid 2012 system? If not, is there a 5870 option for the MacPro 12 core Mid 2012 system?
- Asked by Richard P B from Los Angeles
- Asked by Gabriel B from Deux-montagnes
Yes, many people have gotten it to work with their MacPro 1,1. You will need 10.6.4 or higher though
- Answered by Jonathan F from Hemet
- Asked by Zak N from Canberra
This is really going to depend greatly on the system you have. Final Cut Studio can utilize multipl e graphics cards for rendering. Most 3D modeling software is not optimized in Mac OS X for this function. The best practice of multiple video cards on a Mac Pro is for powering multiple monitors. Software is not designed to support this like on Linux or Windows and without Crossover or SLI technology, the hardware benefits of linking are not available. With one monitor, I recommend the 5870. WIth more than one monitor, you should really ask on forums devoted to the software you are using. …
- Answered by Jay C from New Orleans
This requires a PCIe slot that the no iMac has.
Mac Pro computers only 2009-2010 (works in 2 008 but not supported). …
- Answered by Ken G from Beaverton
- Asked by Chris M from Coalville