Parallels Desktop 9 is a fast, seamless and intuitive way to run Windows and Mac applications side by side, without rebooting. Seamlessly run a wide variety of Windows applications you need for university on your Mac, including engineering, architecture and graphics-intensive programmes. DirectX 9.0c/9Ex and Shader Model 3 support, improved hard drive performance and other enhancements help get your reports and projects done faster, leaving you more time for fun and games.
Parallels Desktop 9 brings Mac OS X features like Launchpad and Dictation to Windows apps, and is compatible with OS X Mavericks (10.9), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4) and OS X Lion (10.7.5), OS X Lion (10.6.4) and OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.8) .
In addition to Windows 8, Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux and Google Chrome OS. Sync to your iCloud without unnecessary duplication of files locally.
If you love the look and feel of Mac OS, make Windows invisible while still using its applications. Whichever way you choose to work, you’ll see no compromises in performance.
- Seamlessly run Windows and Mac apps on one Mac
- Install Windows on a Mac in just three steps
- Run Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP and more
- Use FaceTime, OS X gestures, Dictation, Launchpad and Mission Control with Windows apps
Did you notice?With Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can run Windows, Linux and even Google Chrome OS on your Mac.
Apple Recommends ForRunning the Windows apps you need for university on your Mac without rebooting.
What's in the Box?
- Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac licence
- Installation and quick reference guide
- Activation card
- Complimentary Mac and Windows security software, online back up and recovery trial subscriptions
- Internet Access: Some Features Require Internet Access
- Media: Activation Code & Download Link
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks; OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 or later
- Intel-based Mac with Intel Core 2 Duo processor (Intel Core Solo and Core Duo processors are no longer supported)
- At least 700 MB of disk space on the boot volume (Macintosh HD) for Parallels Desktop
- Minimum 2 GB of memory, 4 GB recommended
- UPC or EAN No.: 846829001329
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- *Windows and other operating systems sold separately
- Software languages include English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech, Portuguese and Russian
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can a single copy of Parallels Desktop 9 be used on 2 Macbook pro computers in the same household?
- Asked by David W
The license terms say that each Mac needs its own copy, I'm afraid.
- Answered by Rudolf S
Is it compatible with Maverick 10.9.1?
- Asked by Anand C from Brisbane
- Answered by Michael F
do i need anti virus for my imac if im using windows on it through parallels desktop 9 for mac
- Asked by Jay A