G-DRIVE mini is the perfect device if you’re looking for high performance from a portable storage device. Featuring USB 3.0 and FireWire, the G-DRIVE mini is versatile, works with Time Machine and has storage capacities of up to 1TB, always with 7200RPM hard drives. The G-DRIVE mini also has an integrated heat sink to ensure a silent operation while it never gets too hot. And this durable drive is housed in a compact all-aluminium case.
- USB 3.0 and FireWire ports for outstanding performance
- 7200 RPM for the ultimate on-the-go performance
- Bus-powered hub eliminates the need for a separate power connection
- Integrated heat-sink for near-silent operation and cooling for long life and data reliability
- Solid all-aluminium case makes for easy portability
- Large storage capacity handles documents, music, digital video and photo files
- Ships complete with all cables
- Works with Time Machine, plug-and-play setup on Mac OS
- Mac OS X and Windows compatible
Did you notice?The G-DRIVE mini has an all-aluminium case, making it extra durable.
Apple Recommends ForThe ideal companion for busy content creators who use the most demanding applications wherever they go with their Macs.
What's in the Box?
- G-Technology G-DRIVE mini USB 3.0 High-Speed Portable Hard Drive
- Two FireWire cables (800; 800 to 400)
- USB 3.0 cable (backward compatible with USB 2.0)
- Protective carrying case
- Connections : Firewire 400,Firewire 800,USB 2.0,USB 3.0
- Height : 23 mm/0.9 in.
- Width : 126.2 mm/4.97 in.
- Weight : 520 g
- OS X 10.5 or later
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- Mfr. Part Number : 0G02576
- UPC or EAN No. : 705487191295
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Fantastic fast portable drive
I bought this drive to hold all my media when editing with Final Cut Pro X. It's beautifully designed, very quiet, and very fast ( I have copied files to it via USB 3.0 at around 128 MB/second).
It can play back full quality optimised 1080p 50p video with no glitches whatsoever. However, I have not done any multicam editing in FCPX yet, so I can't comment on how it would perform in that situation.
I liked the drive so much, a week later I bought a second which now holds a backup of all my Final Cut Pro X media!
- Small form factor
- Very quiet
- Very fast
- Good range of ports (one USB 2 / 3, two FireWire 800)
- All cables come in the box
- Comes with a leather carrying case which has room for both the drive and one interface cable
- No A/C adaptor in the box if you ever wanted to use it attached to a non-powered USB hub ... although how many people would actually have that problem these days?
- The leather case is rather thin and flimsy, the complete opposite of the drive itself! A little more thought could have made the case a much more pleasurable thing to use ...
Overall a highly recommendable drive. …
- Written by David H from Leatherhead
7 of 7 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Tim, can you be more specific. What do you want to use with iTunes?
- Answered by Michael B from Fpo
Told that you should not have Time Machine and your clone on the same physical disk-should be on different drives in case of a drive failure -thoughts
- Asked by Donald Z from Las Vegas
No answers yet
- Asked by Stuart D from Rolling Hills Estates