This original radio contains iconic elements of the legendary 1955 Philips radio, also known as Philetta 254. At the time, this compact radio wowed audiences with its simple design, big sound and crystal-clear reception.
Play and charge your iPod or iPhone simultaneously
Enjoy your favourite MP3 music while charging your iPod or iPhone. The dock lets you connect your portable device directly so you can listen to your favourite music in superb sound while charging.
Powerful bass, lower distortion
With its bass reflex speaker system, the Philips Original Radio delivers a deep bass experience from a compact loudspeaker box system. It differs from a conventional loudspeaker box system in the addition of a bass pipe that is acoustically aligned to the woofer. The result is deeper controlled bass and lower distortion.
Dock your iPod or iPhone, even in its case
The spring-loaded docking port accommodates any iPod or iPhone, without special adapters. It works even when most protective cases are on.
Free HomeStudio app
Simply download the Philips HomeStudio app from the Apple App Store to enjoy a host of features. Advanced alarm set up, for example, gives you greater flexibility in alarm settings - including alarm volume, duration, date and sound. You also get a better interface when you listen to the radio, with easy-to-use station preset functions.
Auto clock synchronisation with iPod or iPhone when docked
When connected and docked, the system will automatically synchronise the clock with your iPod or iPhone within a few seconds so you do not need to set the time manually.
- Contemporary retro design
- High-fidelity sound
- Play and charge your iPod or iPhone simultaneously
- FM stereo tuner
- Bass reflex speaker system delivers a powerful, deeper bass
- Free HomeStudio app for enhanced wake-up and radio experiences
- Audio-in for easy portable music playback
- Auto clock synchronization with iPod or iPhone when docked
- Dock your iPod or iPhone, even in its case
Did you notice?You can play music while simultaneously charging up your iPod or iPhone.
Apple Recommends ForLovers of all things vintage who don’t want to miss out on technological advances or great sound quality.
What's in the Box?
- Philips Original Radio
- AC power cord
- User manual
- Input Type: 3.5mm Stereo Jack, 30 Pin Dock
- Power Source: AC
- Height: 163 mm/6.42 in.
- Width: 330 mm/13 in.
- Length: 150 mm/5.91 in.
- UPC or EAN No.: 8712581672591
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
1800 92 38 98 or Chat now
iPod classic 80GB/160GB (2007)
iPod classic 120GB (2008)
iPod classic 160GB (2009)
iPod nano 1st Generation
iPod nano 2nd Generation
iPod nano 3rd Generation (video)
iPod nano 4th Generation (video)
iPod nano 5th Generation (video camera)
iPod nano 6th Generation
iPod touch 1st Generation
iPod touch 2nd Generation
iPod touch 3rd Generation
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can I use the iPhone 5 or the Lightning to 30-pin Adapter for the Philips Original Radio?
- Asked by Abdulaziz A