The PROMISE Pegasus R Series SATA Drive Module is a hot-pluggable hard drive in a drive carrier module designed for hot-swappable upgrade or replacement. The PROMISE SATA drive module operates at 7200 rpm. It's qualified for use with PROMISE Pegasus R4 and R6 RAID subsystems.
- 7200 rpm performance
- Compatible with Pegasus R4 and R6 RAID subsystems
Did you notice?Hot-pluggable for extremely convenient changes.
Apple Recommends ForUpgrade or replace hard drive modules in your PROMISE Pegasus R4 or R6 RAID subsystems.
What's in the Box?
- PROMISE Pegasus R Series SATA Drive Module
- Connections : SATA
- Mfr. Part Number : F40000004100000
- UPC or EAN No. : 704118086184
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
Ratings & Reviews
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
I have an R6 with 1TB drives revision A2, can I use a 2TB drive as a spare? I thought all drives had to be the same.
- Asked by Blair K from Tampa
No answers yet
- Asked by Anthony M from Etobicoke
I called Promise Tech support and they verified that the drive in their module is a consumer class d rive. If you want to upgrade your drives to 3TB yourself, you can buy a Seagate Barracuda Model ST3000DM001. It is approved according to a the "Pegasus R4 / R6 First Release Compatibility List, Version 1.5" I found on Promises support site. They list two 3TB drives (both the same model number above). One is a regular Barracuda Firmware CC4H, the other is a Barracuda (Blackpoint) Firmware CC43. …
- Answered by Thomas M from New York
- Asked by David Z from Lafayette Hill