The HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus helps you print professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than with laser printers, while also providing better value for frequent printing. Achieve ISO print speeds up to 20 ppm* black and 16 ppm colour* using affordable, individual inks. Plus, it's AirPrint enabled so you can print from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
Reliable and flexible
A 25,000-page monthly duty cycle means you can depend on this printer for reliable colour printing. And with HP ePrint – now you can print from virtually anywhere. Simply send files to the printer via email. You can also print using a USB, Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection.
- Professional colour for up to 50% lower cost per page than lasers
- AirPrint-enabled for wireless printing from iOS devices
- Efficient web connectivity – even print on the go using HP's ePrint
- Up to 20 ppm* black or 16 ppm* color (ISO)
- 10.9 cm CGD (color graphics) touchscreen
- 50-page automatic document feeder
- Standout versatility with copy and scan solutions
Did you notice?Get exceptional energy and resource savings thanks to duplex printing and ENERGY STAR qualification.
Apple Recommends ForProfessional-quality colour printing from your Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch at a significantly lower cost than laser printers.
What's in the Box?
- HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer
- Automatic two-sided printing accessory
- Four setup cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow)
- Power cord and phone cord
- Setup poster, Getting Started Guide and CD-ROMs
- Display Size: 10.9 cm
- Connections: AirPrint , Ethernet, USB 2.0, Wireless
- Memory Cards: MagicGate Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, MicroSD, MicroSDHC, MiniSD, MultiMedia Card (Ver4.1), RS-MMC, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card
- Other Functions: Copy, Scanner
- Height: 315 mm/12.40 in.
- Width: 492.8 mm/19.40 in.
- Weight: 12.62 kg
- Length: 414 mm/16.30 in.
- Black print speed: Up to 20 ISO ppm*
- Black resolution: 1200 x 600 dpi
- Color print speed: Up to 16 ISO ppm*
- Color resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi on HP Advanced Photo paper, 1200 x 1200 input dpi
- Trays: 2
- Max Paper Size: A4
- Min Paper Size: 7.6 x 12.7 cm
- Other Paper Handling Features: Automatic Document Feeder, Duplex Printing
- Other Printer Features: Borderless Printing, Transparencies
- Printer Ink Tanks: 4
- Printer Technology: Inkjet
- Scanner resolution: 4800 x 4800 dpi
- Mac OS X v10.5.8 through v10.8
- PowerPC G4 or G5 or Intel processor
- 300 MB free space
- 256 MB
- Available USB port
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 2 GB free space
- 1 GB
- Available USB port
- Mfr. Part Number: CM750A#B1H
- UPC or EAN No.: 886111607358
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- * Print speeds may vary based on usage.
Ratings & Reviews
Great all-rounder for the office
This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other offi This printer does have a great performance - not only printing-wise:
Printing cost per page are quite low (compared to other office printers) - it is very fast and is AirPrint compatible. You could also scan-to-email or scan-to-network-folder directly from the printer's control panel …
- Written by Winfried T from DETTENHAUSEN
169 of 180 people found this useful
Great multifunction printer
I have had this printer for a month now, it has been great. Easy to set up, fast , good quality prints, scans and faxing. The onl I have had this printer for a month now, it has been great. Easy to set up, fast , good quality prints, scans and faxing. The only thing I haven't managed to do is scan to my MacBook but it works fine with my pc. So far I would strongly recommend it. …
- Written by scott M from maidenhead
95 of 96 people found this useful
Great Printer and good buy 2 mths in
A few weeks before Xmas I purchased this printer and HP were running a free 3 yr extended warranty with a £50 cash back, I ended u A few weeks before Xmas I purchased this printer and HP were running a free 3 yr extended warranty with a £50 cash back, I ended up paying around £150, it seemed a no brainer.
Currently have it setup wirelessly, so not only can you print to it, likewise scan and output back to the mac, but in addition print remotely also from the iPads and other PC's in the house just have it all piggy backed off the router so pw protected. …
- Written by Keith E J from PLYMOUTH
32 of 34 people found this useful
Does not print double sided A5. Although it appears to imply that it does. And the previous model (8500) does. Also has loads of p Does not print double sided A5. Although it appears to imply that it does. And the previous model (8500) does. Also has loads of problems with multiple copies as it often (as in every time) drags through blank sheets. Look on the web - probably one of the most complained about printers still on sale.
As that is why I bought it I am not pleased. HP support useless. …
- Written by Phil T from Exeter
3 of 4 people found this useful
Really pleased - so easy to set up
I wirelessly connected the printer to my iMac iOS 10.6, iPad 2 and iPhone 5 using a Three Mobile wireless WebCube without any prob I wirelessly connected the printer to my iMac iOS 10.6, iPad 2 and iPhone 5 using a Three Mobile wireless WebCube without any problems whatsoever. Haven't tried scanning or copying yet, but have set up ePrint - again very simple to do.
Can't think why I'd ever want to send something to print remotely when I'm not at home, but have put sons' email addresses on so they can access it if needed since neither of them have a printer - just hope I don't come home to find that they've used up all my printer ink now - lol! …
- Written by Suzie M from HODDESDON
1 of 1 people found this useful
Better and cheeper than laser printing. It's the best printer I've ever used. All the additional features, with its obvious functi Better and cheeper than laser printing. It's the best printer I've ever used. All the additional features, with its obvious functionality make it a great buy! …
- Written by Jack B from Brighton & Hove
3 of 3 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
does the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus print card stock
- Asked by Cheryll R from Howell
does the 8600 plus work with OSX 10.9.1
- Asked by John W from Winnipeg
Bought my 8600 Plus Aug 2012. New iMac Jan 2014. Printer not supported on OSX 10.9.1 if you're usi Bought my 8600 Plus Aug 2012. New iMac Jan 2014. Printer not supported on OSX 10.9.1 if you're using the original printer disc. Apple care helped me get it via HP's website under HP8600 Plus e-All-in One Printer - N911g Driver. Select your OSX then select the Driver Product Installation software. It's there, but HP makes it tough to find. …
- Answered by Sandra S from Red Lion
Does this printer have wireless fax or eFax capability? It says just Fax on the box but I need eFax. Thanks. Tracy
- Asked by Tracy T from Warrenton
Is it capable of scanning from a book or magazine
- Asked by Elma H
Yes you may put the book or mag down flat on the scanner and press scan
- Answered by Jack D from Brisbane
Is this printer capable of double-sided printing?
- Asked by Aimee R from Centerville
- Answered by Amy B from Bellbrook