Cubik's bit-perfect listening experience and awe-inspiring look are a stunning union of sound and design
Fine-tuning and extraordinary power
Full-digital amplification and lossless digital USB streaming emanate rich sound with a highly dynamic range. Unlike digital-to-analogue speakers, Cubik's sound is free of all analogue noise. Its fine-tuned sound quality is backed by extraordinary speaker power that's unmatched by other speakers in its class.
Digital USB streaming and full-digital amplification
The digital audio amplifier circuit utilises full-digital amplifier technology, a groundbreaking method that amplifies a digital audio signal without converting the signal to analogue. This combination of a digital connection and digital amplification allows Cubik to produce crystal-clear sound. High-resolution digital-signal-processing technology gives Cubik a very flat frequency response and produces a full-range of signals with amazing accuracy.
No subwoofer necessary
To produce deeper bass from a small enclosure, Palo Alto Audio Design was assisted by award-winning designer Young-se Kim. With skillful tooling, he created a highly advanced enclosure design. Using an innovative manufacturing process and advanced materials Cubik gives you full bass without the need of a subwoofer.
Top-of-the-line Danish-designed drivers
Cubik uses a high-end Danish-designed Peerless speaker unit rarely found in computer speakers. The 2.5 inch metal-cone full-range driver produces impressive bass and crisp high-frequency sound comparable to multi-way speaker systems.
- Lossless digital USB connection and digital amplification that gives you natural sound
- Highly advanced audio-tuning and speaker angling for great sound at any angle
- High-end Danish-designed driver that's rarely found in computer speakers
- Digital signal processing gives flat frequency response
- Full range of signals with amazing accuracy
- First time full-digital amplification technology is offered in a computer speaker
- Treated exterior that is soft to the touch and looks great
Did you notice?Full-digital amplification and lossless digital USB streaming eliminate all analogue noise and produce true hi-fi sound.
Apple Recommends ForExperience high-end audio from your Mac with this refined design that looks great on your desk.
What's in the Box?
- Palo Alto Audio Design Cubik speakers (left and right)
- Left and right metal speaker stands
- One USB connection cable
- One detachable 100V-240V AC 50/60Hz external power supply adapter
- Owner's manual
- Connections: USB
- Speaker Configurations: Stereo
- Height: 6.5 in./16.51 cm
- Width: 5.3 in./13.46 cm
- Weight: 2.72 lb./1.23 kg
- Length: 5.4 in./13.72 cm
- Mfr. Part Number: SA410APW
- UPC or EAN No.: 6825529870002
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Warranty: One year
Ratings & Reviews
Very good for any computer...
Got these for my iMac. Good sounding speakers, but didn't live to full expectations. You definitely need a sub woofer for the fu Got these for my iMac. Good sounding speakers, but didn't live to full expectations. You definitely need a sub woofer for the full experience. Some acoustic tracks don't sound as clear as they do with the internal speakers, but at the end of the day, unless you buy Bose or another high value brand, these will certainly do for general use on a PC. 4* out of 5 …
- Written by Rene B from Dublin 13
33 of 35 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
can you hook up more than two speakers per computer?
- Asked by Andrew B from Brooklyn
This is a matter of opinion. These are inherently different in characteristics and price. The uniqu This is a matter of opinion. These are inherently different in characteristics and price. The unique properties of the cubik include a chip incorporating a DSP, Digital Audio Amplifier and USB sound card. There is no analog input. All sound is taken from USB in the digital domain and hence there is no noise introduced through digital analog conversion. …
- Answered by Randolph K from Redwood City
what are best speakers for macbook pro? I want to watch movies but need additional speakers to hear the movie properly.
- Asked by Lynda N from Stonewall
cubik speakers from Palo Alto Audio work well with music, games, moviues. Small with a powerful soun cubik speakers from Palo Alto Audio work well with music, games, moviues. Small with a powerful sound, they fit neatly on the desktop …
- Answered by Yasmin K from Menlo Park
do these speakes require an a/c electrical wall connection? or do they just connect to your usb port. Where do they get their power?
- Asked by Steven W from Wakefield
The cubik speakers require an AC adaptor. The Musik speakers are powered by a single USB cable for s The cubik speakers require an AC adaptor. The Musik speakers are powered by a single USB cable for sound AND power. …
- Answered by Randolph K from Redwood City
What are the frequency response specifications to these speakers? Is there a chart showing how flat the frequency response is?
- Asked by Daniel W S from Longmont