Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Air 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Air 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5
Originally released June 2012
13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen display, 1440-by-900 resolution
128GB flash storage
720p FaceTime HD camera
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Apple Certified Refurbished Products
- Quality products, great prices
- Stringent refurbishment process prior to sale
- Covered by Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty
- AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased
- Supplies are limited
Learn more about Apple Certified Refurbished Products.
|Processor||1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz)|
|L3 Cache||3MB shared|
|Memory||4GB of 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM|
|Hard drive||128GB flash storage1|
|Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4000|
|Ports||One Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps), Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps), MagSafe 2 power port, SD card slot|
|Audio||Stereo speakers, Omnidirectional microphone, headphone port, support for Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic|
|Wireless||802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible; Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology2|
|Size and weight||Height: 0.3-1.7 cm (0.11-0.68 inches)
Width: 32.5 cm (12.8 inches)
Depth: 22.7 cm (8.94 inches)
Weight: 1.35 kg (2.96 pounds)3
Part of what makes MacBook Air so responsive is that it’s designed entirely around flash storage. Not only does this make MacBook Air much lighter and more portable than traditional notebooks, it also provides faster access to data and gives you instant-on capability. This next-generation flash storage is up to 4x faster than a traditional 5400-rpm notebook hard drive and faster than the previous-generation MacBook Air.4 So when you flip open MacBook Air, it starts up in seconds. Even after a month in standby mode, the screen springs to life. Apps launch quickly. And with no moving parts, flash storage stays quiet.
Thunderbolt and USB 3.
With the lightning-fast Thunderbolt port, you can connect your MacBook Air to the latest devices and displays, like the Apple Thunderbolt Display. But that’s not the whole story. MacBook Air also comes equipped with two USB 3 ports, so you can connect the latest USB 3 devices and access a pipeline that’s up to 10 times faster than USB 2. With just a few connections, MacBook Air transforms from an ultra-portable notebook into a complete workstation.
Long-lasting battery. Instant on. Even after a month off.
Since space-saving flash storage leaves room for a bigger battery, you can devote more time to the things you enjoy most. Things like browsing the web, editing photos and watching videos. Get up to 7 hours of battery life on a single charge on the 13-inch model. Put MacBook Air to sleep, and it enters standby mode to conserve battery life for up to 30 days.5
FaceTime. Make your smile go further.
FaceTime for Mac makes it possible to talk, smile and laugh with anyone on an iPad, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch or another Mac from your Mac.6 So you can catch up, hang out, joke around and stay in touch with just a click. And when someone tries to reach you, the call rings through on every Mac you own, even if FaceTime isn’t running. So you never have to worry about making yourself available. If you don’t want to receive calls, just turn FaceTime off in preferences. FaceTime is integrated with your Address Book so you can initiate chats easily.
As incredibly compact as MacBook Air is, it still manages to fit a full-size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. And the keyboard is backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light. A built-in ambient light sensor detects changes in lighting conditions and adjusts the display and keyboard brightness automatically. From a seat in a sunny café to a seat on a long-haul night flight, you’ll always have the perfect lighting for any environment.
Need Assistance?We want you to be satisfied with your purchase. When you need assistance that is not provided by your manuals, through onscreen or online help, or by fax, please call: 0844-209-0611 Your telephone support includes 90 days of assistance for Apple-branded products.7 Our trained staff is ready to help you with the installation and basic use of your Apple product.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Wireless Internet access requires a base station or other wireless access point, and Internet access; fees may apply. Some ISPs are not currently compatible with AirPort.
- Actual weight varies by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using pre-production 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units with 128GB of flash storage and pre-production 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units with 256GB of flash storage. 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units with 128GB of flash storage and 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air systems with 256GB of flash storage were production units. 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive was tested using production 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7–based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems. All units were configured with 4GB of RAM. Testing conducted using Iometer 2006.07.27 with a 30-second ramp-up, 5-minute run duration, 512KB request size and 8 outstanding IOs. 11-inch MacBook Air test file size = 100GB; all other systems test file size = 150GB. Average rotational media performance calculated by creating the test file on the outer, middle and inner sectors of the drive, and averaging the results from all three measurements. MacBook Air continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2012 using pre-production 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 13-inch MacBook Air units and pre-production 1.7GHz dual-core Intel Core i5–based 11-inch MacBook Air units. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 50%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/uk/batteries for more information.
- Following the 90 day support period, you may be asked to provide a credit card or other payment method.
- Refurbished MacBook Air
- 45W MagSafe2 Power Adapter, AC wall plug and power lead
- Printed and electronic documentation
Mac OS X
Includes Mail, Address Book, iCal, the Mac App Store, iTunes, Safari, Time Machine, FaceTime, Photo Booth, Mission Control, Launchpad, AirDrop, Resume, Auto Save, Versions, Quick Look, Spotlight, QuickTime and more.
Apple's award-winning suite of digital lifestyle applications, including:
Note: Other software may or may not be included with refurbished products, subject to availability.