Does the new 13" Macbook Pro (announced October 22nd, 2012) with Retina Display have a CD drive installed?
- Asked by Chalitrat H
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new 13" Macbook Pro (announced October 22nd, 2012) with Retina Display have a CD drive installed?)
2 Answers from the Community
No. You have to purchase the Apple SuperDrive USB disc drive seperately if you wish to operate anything involving CD's or DVD's.
- Answered by Benjamin C from Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The Macbook Pro with Retina display does not have a cd drive, as i've just discovered instore. You will need to buy a superdrive (around $80) to connect via USB. For me that's a big downer but the Macbook Pro (non-retina) does, although the retina display is amazing, so guess i'll end up buying a superdrive to add on (when i need it) good side is thats its very light, not much heavier than the 13" Air (guessing thats why they didnt put one in.
- Answered by Geoff G from Revesby
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2