Can it be used with iphone 5
- Asked by Stuart H from Dural
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it be used with iphone 5)
- Asked about: AltiGen iFusion SmartStation Dock f…
5 Answers from the Community
It looks like this dock uses the 30pin connector, so it won't work directly with the iPhone 5. But the solution for the iPhone 5 to be used with this dock would be one of the new 30pin to lightning adapter. The only other question is if it will fit in the space provided.
- Answered by Adam K from Irving
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes it can be used with the iphone 5 as long as the 30pin lightning adapter is on there. It doesn't fit perfectly in the space they provided you, but it is sturdy on the dock. As long as that doesn't bother you then it is fine.
- Answered by Alyssa P from Ballston Lake
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The answer is yes. At first I had a problem, but reading other posts I realized I just had to pair my new iPhone 5 with the device (it was previously paired with my iphone 4) by holding down the bluetooth icon on the ifusion for 5 seconds as per the user's manual.
- Answered by Richard L from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
It does work with the iPhone5 but if you want it to sit on the dock then you need the Lightening to 30pin adapter. The phone fits on the dock with adapter and is stable but it does look a bit odd. It works fine though.
You can use the iFusion without placing the phone on the dock as it uses bluetooth to connect to the phone. Therefore, the phone can sit on your desk and you can use the iFusion either via the handset or as a speaker phone. I experienced a problem with this when I took my phone away from my desk but the iFusion was still within bluetooth range. Connecting only when the phone is in the dock solves this problem.
- Answered by Mike T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
The adapter will not work as it only supports the charging feature,
- Answered by Christopher B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5