Will Apple TV work on a Sony flat screen that is pre-HD?
- Asked by Francess C from Healdsburg
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple TV work on a Sony flat screen that is pre-HD?)
6 Answers from the Community
What do you mean by "pre-HD"?
The apple TV can only connect directly to TVs that have an HDMI input.
With that said, you could purchase an AV receiver with HDMI inputs that has a monitor or other video output that can down convert from digital to analog signals and connects to your "pre-HD" TV. However, this is an added expense. You may as well just join the digital age and purchase a digital TV with HDMI inputs.
- Answered by Bill A from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This version of AppleTV requires an HD television. From the tech specs:
Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz,2 including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sony, Sharp, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
- Answered by Colleen T from Jackson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
You might be able purchase a hdmi to rca cable and use that.
But by using that cable you wont experience HD movies/TV shows.
- Answered by Blaine Y from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
yes since apple havent got tvs
thy are used for any other tvs
- Answered by Lukas R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
From the Apple TV Tech Spec "Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz". Sorry to say it doesn't sound like it.
- Answered by Randall D from Albuquerque
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
It will work fine with a HDMI,can your Sony connect to a HDMI cable? :)
- Answered by Vince L from Taiping
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Will Apple TV work with sony hd tv
- Asked by Percival D from May Pen
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Apple TV work with sony hd tv)
Does it work with Magnovox HD HDMI television?
- Asked by Kent B from Denver
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with Magnovox HD HDMI television?)
No answers yet