How many purchased movies will apple tv 2 or 3 hold?
- Asked by Dean S from Thompson
- Flag as inappropriate (How many purchased movies will apple tv 2 or 3 hold?)
3 Answers from the Community
Now, to answer your question, NO, apple TV will not hold anything but! Apple TV is like a mini portable entertainment center. You can take anywhere, and use it everywhere there is Wi-Fi (Wireless). Once you log on to your Apple Account on your Apple TV You can Access all the content you bought and watch or listen to it.
I do it all the time. I take just my Apple TV and an HDMI cord when I travel. I hook it up to the HDMI TV in the Hotel room and watch what I want. Pretty Sweet.
Your iTunes can display all your purchased content to, and you can Re-download there to. The Cool thing about that is you can buy hundreds of movies. They all stay on the purchase cloud. I have a 100GBs (47 Movies) of movies there and my computer is free of that 100GBs drain. When I want to watch one, I just re-download a copy. When I want to watch it on Apple TV I watch it.
- Answered by Donald B from Portland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Apple TV does not "hold" any movies at all; they remain in "the cloud." The flash memory in the Apple TV holds only its settings and your screen saver photos; video and music is temporarily cached in the flash while watching, but discarded as soon as another movie starts playing.
Myself, I prefer to purchase movies and music from iTunes on my iMac; my purchases are downloaded and saved on the iMac, and then I play them from the "Computers" section of the Apple TV main screen.
- Answered by Julian B from Baie-d'urfe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
none, the unit only streams, there is no hard drive or ssd except for buffering.
- Answered by Kenneth H from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I watch movies rented through iTunes on multiple Apple TV's?
- Asked by Chad K from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I watch movies rented through iTunes on multiple Apple TV's?)