These Speck cases are super-thin and light to maintain the sleek profile of your MacBook Air. At just 1.5 mm the durable hard shell protects your MacBook from scuffs and scratches. The glossy case comes in two pieces which are easy to snap on and snap off, so you protect your MacBook on the go and show off its smooth edges. Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your MacBook stable and secure on hard surfaces.
- Ultra-thin shell at just 1.5 mm
- Durable plastic protects from scratches and scuffs
- Sleek, glossy two-piece design easily snaps on and off
- Anti-tilt rubberised feet keep your notebook stable and secure
Did you notice?The clear, glossy finish lets the fine design of your MacBook – and the Apple logo – shine through.
Apple Recommends ForProtecting your MacBook without changing its looks.
What's in the Box?
- Speck SmartShell Case
- Form Factor: Hard Case, Snap On
- Material: Hard Plastic
- UPC or EAN No.: 848709004901
- Note: Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
- Speck recommends cleaning your case before you put it on your MacBook and then once a month thereafter to avoid any build-up of dust or dirt. Simply wipe it with a soft, clean cloth or rinse with warm, soapy water. Before re-applying the case, make sure it’s completely dry—and also wipe down your Mac to remove any dust or particles.
Ratings & Reviews
I posted a review on this a few days ago and it seems to have diapered!! Ummmmm.....anyway. Bought one of these thinking they look I posted a review on this a few days ago and it seems to have diapered!! Ummmmm.....anyway. Bought one of these thinking they looked pretty smart. They do. I got the purple one and was pretty satisfied until 2 weeks later I noticed a crack on one of the corners. I've not dropped or banged the macbook. Within a couple more weeks virtually ever corner has crack and some places chipped away!! Certainly wouldn't recommend. The plastic is too brittle for such use. …
- Written by Dawn R from Chorley
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Will this case fit the new (June 2013) Macbook Airs?
- Asked by R M
Yes, it does fit BUT it covers one of the two microphones on the left side. It severely reduces the Yes, it does fit BUT it covers one of the two microphones on the left side. It severely reduces the effectiveness of the microphone, sound quality, and noise cancellation. …
- Answered by Robert T from San Diego
Is this a pink cover or like a deep rose color?
- Asked by Barbara M from Mccoll
Will this case fit a mid 2011 macbook air?
- Asked by Jarrett H from Blairsville
According to Speck's website, it will fit any MacBook Air from Late 2010 - Late 2013, just make sure According to Speck's website, it will fit any MacBook Air from Late 2010 - Late 2013, just make sure you order the right screen size (11" or 13"). …
- Answered by Cameron L from Cape Coral
If I have a decal on the back of my pro, with this case will you still be able to see it?
- Asked by Myles W from San Antonio
Has this product been updated yet to fit the new 2013 MacBook Air, so that it doesn't cover the second mic?
- Asked by Kathryn M from Athens
It has been updated and no longer covers the second mic
- Answered by Phil B from Pahoa
Will my macbook air 13" still fit in my macbook air 13" incase if it has the smart shell on it? Thanks,
- Asked by Jade H from Delta
Yes it will. With no problems./
- Answered by Clive W