Griffin's Survivor Military-Duty Case is designed from the inside out to protect your iPod touch from extreme conditions, including dirt, sand, rain, shock, vibration and a host of other environmental factors. It's been tested and certified to meet U.S. Department of Defense Standard 810F and UK Department of Defense Standard 00-35.
Survivor is built on a shatter-resistant polycarbonate frame clad in rugged, shock-absorbing silicone. A built-in screen protector seals your Multi-Touch display from the outside environment, while hinged plugs seal the dock connector, headphone port, hold switch and volume controls. The detachable heavy-duty clip secures your iPod touch to a belt or bag strap.
- Independently tested and certified to meet conditions outlined in US Department of Defense MIL-STD-810 and UK Department of Defense Def-Standard 00-35
- Shock-, rain-, sand-resistant
- Protects your iPod touch from drops and impacts
- Integrated screen and port protectors
Did you notice?Tested and certified to meet Department of Defense standards for the U.S. and UK.
Apple Recommends ForProtect your iPod touch from extreme environmental factors, such as dirt, sand, rain, shock, vibration and more.
What's in the Box?
- Griffin Survivor Case
- Belt Clip
- UPC or EAN No. : 685387345014
- Note : Apple's One-Year Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Non-Apple-branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer — please see your product box and literature for details. Benefits under the manufacturer's warranty are in addition to rights provided by consumer law. For details, click here.
iPod touch 4th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Great for users with special needs!
Very heavy duty case, that has protected my sons iPod for over a year now. My son has autism and this case has provided protection for his iPod, both when it is dropped and sometimes thrown. Would highly recommend for children with special needs. Chunky case means grip is easier for them. Case has good cool factor too, or so I'm told! …
- Written by Catriona F from Milngavie
1 of 1 people found this useful
Feels very secure. I haven't dropped my iPod yet, but I definitely feel that with something this chunky on it'll survive. ( Not given 5 stars because I haven't dropped it yet).
Comes with a built in screen protector which makes for less hassel putting one on and is very responsive (though it does impede zoom functions a little).
Buttons are very easy to access, the rubber surround is nicely flexible and feels strong and doesn't seem to pick up lint like other silicon skins.
The plug for the connection/headphone ports are tricky to open without nails.
The hardcase that goes around the iPod doesn't snap to on one side securely to me. But once you get the skin on you don't notice so much and it may just be part of the design.
The front facing camera is slightly obscured and the rear camera plug is a little awkward to hold away from the lens.
Overall quite happy. The 4th gen has always felt a little fragile to me, but with this on I'm pretty sure it would survive the apocalypse (or at least the morning commute to work ;D). …
- Written by Lisa A from exeter
2 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Mahad M from Winnipeg
It depends... If you get it for the ipod touch and there is no damage to the case, then yes. But I still wouldnt recommend it. If its for the iPhone? No. Hope this helps! …
- Answered by Remy G from Huntington Beach
- Asked by Angelina M from Calgary
No, the dimensions of this case are only for the 4th generation iPod Touch.
- Answered by Angela H from Ridgeland
- Asked by Frank H
The belt clip included can be used as a docking station. You can do this simply by twisting the cli p around. …
- Answered by Jack H from Raleigh