Does Apple TV work both ways, mac to TV and TV to mac?
I understand that I can see pretty much whatever is on my mac on the TV but, does data flow both ways? Will I be able to watch what is on TV on my mac?
eg. Can I watch TV shows via WiFi on my mac from Apple TV?
- Asked by John G from San Mateo
- Nov 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV work both ways, mac to TV and TV to mac?)
1 Answer from the Community
I have Snow Leopard on a Macbook Pro, I can play anything on iTunes through Apple TV onto my 42 inch plasma screen. This can be controlled by either using the Apple TV control or by switching iTunes on the Mac to play through Apple TV.
You can't record from TV onto the Mac through Apple TV.
Mountain Lion will display the Macbook screen image on the TV, and BBC iPlayer will play full screen on Mountain Lion but not on Snow Leopard.
- Answered by Roger M
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?
- Asked by Fran O from Vancouver
- Mar 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use my iPad as a television with my Apple TV?)
Does Apple TV tape from television
- Asked by Marieanne C from Melbourne
- Dec 29, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple TV tape from television)