This USB 2.0 cable connects your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning connector to your computer's USB port for syncing and charging or to the Apple USB Power Adapter for convenient charging from a wall outlet.
- Reversible design
What's in the Box?
- Apple Lightning to USB Cable
- This cable is 3.25 feet/1 m long. It does not support audio or video output.
iPad (4th generation)
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
I would like to see Apple offer multiple length options with this cable. I need a longer one: 5-6 ft for charging and a shorter on e 6"-1 ft for connecting to my MacBook for syncing and updating. Don't know why this hasn't been done much sooner! …
- Written by Sandy K from Plano
1775 of 2055 people found this useful
Verified to be 3.5 foot long cable - works with existing wall and car plugs
I just received my shipment of 3 of these cables directly from China. I measured my cables to be exactly 42 inches long. So they are about 3.5 feet long. About the same as previous Apple charging cables. Really, Apple should make them all 6ft long, which is why I am giving this 4 stars.
Since 3.5 feet is not usually long enough for most uses, search amazon for "white USB extension" from C2G in 3ft, 6ft or 9ft extension cables for about $2 to $5 dollars, which can then be put in between the wall power brick (or car port adapter) and this cable.
Existing power transformers with a USB jack on them (for home or car power port) that worked with your iPhone 3gs, 4 or 4s, should work fine with this new cable and the iPhone 5. 1 amp (1a = 5 watts) is standard for iPhones. 2 amp (2a = 10 watts) is standard for iPads. But it's well known, that if you buy 2 amp (10w) power plug then your iPhone 5 will charge in about 60% of the time. I like the PowerGen brand 10w chargers from amazon for $10. …
- Written by John G from APPLE VALLEY
1198 of 1472 people found this useful
SOOO Much Smaller & Better!!!
Yes, they changed the connector. Yes it's kind of a hassle. But that's progress for you & I prefer this cable. No more fumbling in the dark - it just slides right in the right way every time. Apple does need to get a few more in the stores though. But love the new cable and love the new design. …
- Written by Tommy N from PENSACOLA
860 of 1108 people found this useful
I'm on my 4th cable which will inevitably break.
Over expensive, mass produced awful quality. Not impressed.
- Written by Chandrima B from Kingshill
Surprised at most comments as had my iPad since xmas and have charged it most days and cable works perfectly. But...... Agree that the cable is much too short. Would like Apple to explain why they could not make it at least 1 1/2 metres or introduce a 2 metre version. Is it because it might affect the charging capabilities. …
- Written by ALAN B from CARDIFF
It broke and now I can't charge without spending 20 dollars!!!
- Written by James S from Mandeville
1 of 2 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
- Asked by Matthew S from Minneapolis
- Sep 13, 2012
Disappointingly it is only USB 2.0. Says so right there in the details. I was hoping for a lightning to thunderbolt cable or at least USB 3.0. What's the point of a new dock if you can't at least get much faster transfer speeds? …
- Answered by James K from Washington
- Sep 14, 2012
No. The 4 and 5 have different connection for charging
- Answered by Rodney M from Melbourne
- May 15, 2013
- Asked by Richard M from Burke
- Oct 17, 2012
Yes, it's the same voltage as the normal iPhone for charging. Literally the only diference is the en d of the charger. …
- Answered by Bradley W
- Oct 21, 2012
- Asked by Sarah W
- Jan 21, 2013
You need to go into the 'iTunes' app on your iPhone, and open the 'purchased' tab at the bottom or t he 'more' tab or something.
Hope I helped!
From weeowey …
- Answered by Owen D
- Mar 27, 2013
No, but you can:
1. Get the 1m cable from apple and skip to the '4. '
2. keep your cable an d skip to the '4. '
3. Do both and go to the next number (4. )
4. go to eBay or amazon, and search for a 'USB Male to Female 3m cable' (you can change the '3' to whatever you like) and find one there (preferably the cheapest one). once you have got it, (excitingly) unwrap it from the packaging, and run to the plug where your charger is, plug the end of the extension cable into the charger (carefully, and make sure you plug it in the correct way up to avoid embarrassment) and plug the apple USB wire/cable of your choice into the female (port) end of the wire. Enjoy your super long cable!
from weeowey, who is always glad to help. …
- Answered by Owen D
- Mar 27, 2013
- Asked by Goravpal S from Regina
- Dec 27, 2012
Yes, yes it is.
- Answered by John D from Panorama
- Mar 13, 2013