Dress up your iPhone with an iPhone 4 Bumper. Choose one of six colours or (PRODUCT) RED and slip it around the edge of your iPhone. With metal buttons for volume and power, two-tone colours and a combination of rubber and moulded plastic, Bumpers add a touch of style to any iPhone 4S or iPhone 4.
What's in the Box?
- iPhone 4 Bumper
001-803-65-7955 or Chat now
Ratings & Reviews
Nice concept, has issues, not ideal
I got the iPhone 4 bumper on the day of launch and used it since launch until last week (so for few months). Here are my thoughts: I got the iPhone 4 bumper on the day of launch and used it since launch until last week (so for few months). Here are my thoughts:
* Cool concept - Works well for people who want a light weight cover/safety yet not carry the bulk. Truly Apple style design.
* Build - The body is firm, not flimsy. The rubber edge is like magnet, they will keep your phone still in any place, works great, I left it on the treadmill or car dash and it never moved. The rubber is soft, which gives it some protection in case the phone falls on a hard surface. By design the back is exposed but that is not an issue, it is a choice. The fit is perfect, you can slip it on or off easily, though I rarely did it (wish I did it sooner, keep reading). The rest of build has many issues covered under CONS.
* Buttons - The buttons feels great, you won't miss using the iPhone buttons. Getting to ringer button can be bit tough, not an issue though.
* Reception - Bumper or any cover is supposed to insulate the antenna shorting and avoid the iPhone 4 issue. It did as claimed but once I stopped using it, I noticed a different behavior, covered under CONS.
* Reception - So you would think that bumper will help with iPhone 4 antenna issue. Well, it did. My bars did not drop as it would otherwise. However, once I stopped using it (replaced it with ghost sticky skin), I noticed a significant improvement in my WiFi signal strength. This makes me wonder if it interfered with my WiFi antenna. Anyways, just an observation that I wanted to share here.
* Build - After a few months of use, I took off the bumper and found that the Inner lining had badly scratched the metal edges/antenna of the phone. Phone's power button and the metal body is scratched from all sides. This is a quality failure. The lining is supposed to protect the phone body, not harm it. It has cheap plastic (or something similar) inside that does more harm than good ! Unfortunately, its too late for me, my phone is scratched in only the areas that was protected by the bumper (irony ?).
* Holes for ports - If you live in Apple world then this bumper is for you. But if you plan to use non-Apply headphones or USB connector (in car or otherwise), you are out of luck. The bumper holes are precisely built to fit the small apple connectors or similar (rare to find), nothing else would fit. Yet another reason why I dumped the bumper.
CONCLUSION - Cool concept, good fit, nice from outside, cheap harmful material inside, limits use of 3rd party headphones/adapters. Cons weigh more than Pros for me and I no longer am using it. …
- Written by Vikram C from Wilmington
2625 of 2931 people found this useful
Good case but ironic
When I got this case I was really excited to protect it and show it off. After 3 months of use I hsve noticed it has been scratchi When I got this case I was really excited to protect it and show it off. After 3 months of use I hsve noticed it has been scratching my phone's stainless steel bumper. There are nor scratches all over my phone from an apple product that was supposed to protect it. …
- Written by Shady O from Houston
1248 of 1496 people found this useful
Good, but requires modification
The bumper is a good case for what it's meant for. It offers no screen or back glass protection at all. The problem is the conne The bumper is a good case for what it's meant for. It offers no screen or back glass protection at all. The problem is the connectors. The dock connector port is a perfect fit for the apple dock connectors. However, if you have any accessory or 3rd party cables, this is where it becomes an issue. The ipod adapter in my car wouldn't work. Even an older apple branded ipod cable doesn't fit with the bumper on.
Solution: I used a Dremmel to make the dock connector much more accommodating to other cables.
Longer term solution: bought another case. …
- Written by MICHAEL A B from SOMERVILLE
894 of 1138 people found this useful
The iPhone 4 bumper is great for your iPhone if you like apple get this for u
- Written by Fidel S from Vernon
2 of 2 people found this useful
Use it properly and it's great!
This is the perfect protector for my 4s. I was shown in store how to stretch it over the edges of the phone and I have no idea ho This is the perfect protector for my 4s. I was shown in store how to stretch it over the edges of the phone and I have no idea how anyone manages to scratch their phone with a plastic edged bumper! Just pop the bottom of the phone into the bumper and lift the top edge over your phone. Perfect fit. I've had mine about a year and it's still like new (as is my phone). I prefer it to a case which makes the phone too hot. I do have to remove it to plug the phone into my car music system, but it takes about 5 seconds so doesn't bother me. You can leave it on whilst charging. …
- Written by Christine H from Taunton
1 of 2 people found this useful
Serves its purpose
Snapped on well when I first bought it, and kept my phone free from mishaps (I tend to drop my phone a fair bit, so the case has d Snapped on well when I first bought it, and kept my phone free from mishaps (I tend to drop my phone a fair bit, so the case has definitely helped it bounce without too much shock). However, I wouldn't say it ages very well. I've had this for close to a year, the silicone is peeling on all sides and the case is starting to loosen. The plastic has also started to break especially wear the charger slot is. It did serve its purpose in keeping my phone damage free, but would I pay another £25 for a case that I know will "die" in less than a year? Absolutely not. …
- Written by Rosanne L from London
0 of 1 people found this useful