Payment & Security
Read about the variety of payment options offered on the Apple Online Store, and how the tax on your order is calculated.
Choose a topic:
- Payment methods
- Credit Cards
- Can I change my payment method?
- Are my credit card details secure?
- When will my credit card be charged?
- Why was my credit card payment not processed?
- My credit card was declined, can I re-authorise it?
- Can I change my billing address?
- Can I place an order using a non-Indonesia credit card?
- Will my Apple purchase attract additional bank fees?
The Apple Online Store accepts a variety payment methods. Click on a payment method below to find out more.
Troubleshooting credit card payment errors
- If your card is new or recently reissued, make sure it has been activated.
- Double check the card type (for example, Visa), the account number and expiration date.
- Remove dashes or spaces from the account number.
- You do not have sufficient credit limit available, please check with your bank
- If everything seems to be correct, call the card issuer's customer service number on the back of your card. Your credit card company may need to speak with you before they authorise your purchase.
To prevent any unnecessary delays processing your order, please ensure that the billing address on your order matches the information on your credit card account. If you have recently moved or are unsure whether you receive your credit card statement at your work or home address, please contact your card-issuing bank using the number on the back of your credit card to confirm.
The card security code is a unique three-digit number printed on the back of your card, in addition to the account number.
When Apple charges your account
Apple receives authorisation to charge your account prior to shipping your item(s). However, your card will only be charged after your order has shipped. If your order contains multiple items and they ship at different times, you may see multiple charges on your credit card statement.
Credit cards accepted
Note: Please note that the shipping lead time starts upon confirmation of payment receipt.
Can I change my payment method?
The payment method for an order cannot be amended once the order has been submitted to Apple. To choose an alternative payment method, you will need to cancel your existing order and place a new order with your preferred payment method. Please note that when cancelling credit card orders, it can take up to five (5) business days for the payment authorisation to be removed by your credit card company.
Are my credit card details secure?
The security of Apple Store servers is closely monitored to prevent any unauthorised disclosure or use of credit card numbers and to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. The Apple Store uses the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) industry standard, the highest level of security available today for web-secured applications. SSL relies on a pair of public and private key technologies provided by Verisign, Inc. and based on a 40-bit encryption algorithm developed by RSA Data Security, Inc.
When will my credit card be charged?
When you place your order, Apple requests authorisation to charge the order amount from your credit card company. If you ordered more than one item, there may be multiple authorisations. Once we receive approval, Apple reserves the amount on your card until the items are available to ship. Your card will be charged when your order ships. If you ordered more than one item, there may be more multiple charges as items ship separately as they become available.
Why was my credit card payment not processed?
Your credit card company may have declined authorisation to debit your card due to one of the below mentioned reasons. If such a situation arises, we will inform you of this via email:
- There may be a credit limit on your account
- The incorrect card type, number or expiry date was accidentally selected when placing the order
- There were dashes or spaces in the account number that could not be recognised
- Your bank requires verification from you before authorising the purchase
- Your card may be recently issued and has not yet been activated
My credit card was declined, can I re-authorise it?
If your order was not authorised online, please confirm you have correctly entered your credit card details and place your order again. If you still have difficulties please contact your credit card company to make them aware of your order.
If you have already received an order number but were informed by Apple that your card was declined, to prevent further delay of your order, please:
1. Contact your card provider to advise them that you have placed an order with Apple so that the payment can be processed.
2. Visit Order Status to verify your payment or to make changes to your payment information. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for the status to update. If you placed your order without an Apple ID and wish to make changes to your payment information, please contact the Apple Store Customer Service team for assistance.
Can I change my
Your billing address is the registered address that your credit card company holds. Please ensure that your billing address is correct at the time of placing your order. Once Apple accepts your order your billing address cannot be changed as we will have already authorised your credit card.
Can I place an order using a non-Indonesia credit card?
We accept payments from customers with billing details in United States, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Philippines.
Will my Apple purchase attract additional bank fees?
A Singapore-based merchant bank processes payments for Apple Store purchases. Please check with your card issuing bank regarding additional services charges applied by your bank. Any service charges imposed by your banks are not reflected in the order value on the website.