The easiest-to-use hands-free kit for your iPhone, Griffin's Hands-free Mic + AUX Cable combines a 35.4-inch (90 cm) stereo audio cable with a high-sensitivity microphone so you can listen to the music on your iPhone through your car's AUX-In jack and take phone calls hands-free with a single cable.
Just plug the slender microphone into your car's AUX-In audio jack and the stereo mini jack into your iPhone. Listen to your music through your car stereo. When a call comes in, click the cable's inline switch to answer and talk while you keep your eyes on the road. The incoming call audio plays through your car's speakers while the microphone picks up your voice loud and clear.
- Hands-free microphone for iPhone and many other smart phones
- Doubles as an AUX cable for high-quality audio
- Zero-setup, zero-configuration; just plug, play and talk
- Incoming call pauses the music on your iPhone and sends call to your car's speakers
- Hands-free mic and inline switch make it easy to answer and talk while you keep both hands on the wheel
- Slender plug design so you can keep your iPhone in its case when you plug in
Did you notice?There's no configuration; just plug the mic into you car's aux-in audio. And when calls come through you can easily control them with the inline switch.
Apple Recommends ForHands-free phone conversations and listening to music from your iPhone through your car stereo.
What's in the Box?
- Griffin Hands-free Mic + AUX Cable
- Cable type : 3.5mm to 3.5mm
- Connections : iPhone
- Mfr. Part Number : PR17090
- UPC or EAN No. : 85387302862
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
iPod nano 7th Generation
iPod touch 5th Generation
Ratings & Reviews
Mic is close to aux input so it only works if you have direct view of the input port. My mini coopers port is in the glove compar tment so that won't work, but it is fine for my other car. Sound quality is good and I like having the speaker phone via car speakers. …
- Written by Jason V from Griswold
63 of 70 people found this useful
Very poor microphone
This product is useless since the quality of the microphone is so poor that the people you are trying to communicate with can bare ly hear you. You'll end up screaming at the top of your lungs and they'll still barely be able to make out what you are saying. …
- Written by MARCOS M from West New York
42 of 44 people found this useful
good idea but does not work
got this for use in my civic, where aux input is approx 18 inches from my mouth. i had to turn volume on stereo way up to hear per son on other line (resulting in super loud music when call ended). the people i called reported that they could barely hear me (i felt like i was shouting) and that they were hearing an echo of themselves. …
- Written by Kelsey G from hickory
46 of 52 people found this useful
cord broke after a few months
After a few months of normal use in the car, the cord started to come apart and fray where it meets the mic. I am still using it , but the mic feature no long works. When it did work, the person I was talking to always said I sounded distant. …
- Written by Andrea M from Fruitland
26 of 26 people found this useful
Didn't work well
There si no echo cancellation, so it' difficult to have food and clean conversation
- Written by Mario A from Roma
26 of 29 people found this useful
Inexpensive fix for a non-bluetooth stereo with an AUX port.
The microphone in my car is nearer to the gear shift than the stereo and I didn't have to yell to be heard.
If you are listening to the radio and your phone is plugged in to the AUX port, you will not hear it ring.
I find I have to turn the stereo up to hear who I'm talking to. …
- Written by Kalen M from New Orleans
28 of 28 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Can this be used as a microphone for voice memo app on phone or ipod, enabling me to hear what's being recorded via the mic?
- Asked by Sharon M from Pasadena
- Oct 29, 2012
- Asked by Bob P from Palm Bay
- Oct 7, 2012
- Asked by Simon L
- Sep 4, 2010
- Asked by Stuart O from Scottsdale
- Feb 15, 2012
- Asked by Larry A from Matthews
- Apr 6, 2011
Yes. It transfers any sound from your I-device to an auxiliary (aux) audio device via that device's aux input. It works just like a headphone cable works, except the output is via the aux device, rather than the headphone speakers. …
- Answered by Jason V from Griswold
- Apr 6, 2011
is this product compatible with the iphone4? or is there a similar one available? I want to be able to listen to music in the car.
- Asked by Victoria D from Wellston
- Aug 17, 2010
Yes it works with ip4.
- Answered by Jason V from Griswold
- Dec 1, 2010