Connect your MacBook to your HDTV using the Belkin Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI Adapter. It delivers both digital audio* and video signals for easy data transfer.
- Converts video to connect to any device enabled with HDMI technology
- Provides a digital audio* and video signal to your HDTV
- Supports full 1080p resolution and audio
- Molded strain-relief dongle provides flexibility for placement throughout the house
- Easy plug and play
Did you notice?Transmits video and audio* from your Mac with Mini DisplayPort or Thunderbolt port for viewing on any HDMI-enabled device.
Apple Recommends ForConnect your MacBook to any HDTV to browse the Internet, share photos and stream audio or video from a variety of sources.
What's in the Box?
- Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
- Connections : HDMI port, Mini DisplayPort
- Mfr. Part Number : F2CD034ywAPL
- UPC or EAN No. : 722868904985
- Note : Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple Brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products. Apple's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not Apple-branded, even if packaged or sold with Apple products. Please contact the manufacturer directly for technical support and customer service.
- *Audio support available only on MacBook Pro computers released after mid-2010. Older MacBook computers will require a separate 3.5mm-to-3.5mm cable for audio.
Ratings & Reviews
Broke after less than a month...
Definitely not happy with this. I wish Apple would make a real one, because the connectors on the genuine Apple display converter/ Definitely not happy with this. I wish Apple would make a real one, because the connectors on the genuine Apple display converter/connectors aren't hot-glued into place like this one is.
Bought mine in August, and it broke this past weekend. It's super cheap for the $35 you pay. …
- Written by Evan G from Holland
171 of 183 people found this useful
Great Idea Poorly Executed
Bought this and had streaming movies on my TV in short order. Easy to plug in, no surprises, it's as simple as that. BUT a month l Bought this and had streaming movies on my TV in short order. Easy to plug in, no surprises, it's as simple as that. BUT a month later, maybe 4 or 6 movies total, the adapter no longer works. Perhaps I shouldn't have left it plugged into my iMac but who really unplugs these sort of things when the TV menu allows choosing input with the remote. The adapter is quite warm to the touch and the TV is set to the same HDMI port as the cable is plugged into so it's not a connectivity issue. The TV just doesn't show up on the iMac 'Display' or 'Sound' under 'System Preferences' as it did before. I'm disappointed, wanted to watch a movie instead of writing a negative review but here I am. Avoid this product. …
- Written by amos H from Punta Gorda
161 of 173 people found this useful
I'm using this adapter to connect an HDTV to my mid 2012 MacBook Pro and I am able to send video in 1080p and audio to the TV. It I'm using this adapter to connect an HDTV to my mid 2012 MacBook Pro and I am able to send video in 1080p and audio to the TV. It supports multi screen as well, effectively making my HDTV a second monitor. If you need a disc drive in your MacBook and want an HDMI connection, this is the best way to go. The cord is about 6 " inches long which is good for portability but more importantly, and unlike the other Belkin connectors, has a female input for the HDMI. This allows the use of any HDMI cable rather than the adapter/cables with a male end which would have to reach the screen to connect. …
- Written by JAMES L from LONDON
104 of 127 people found this useful
Does the job
Not sure where all the hatred comes from used this with my Macbook Air while i was travelling the world and it did the job everyti Not sure where all the hatred comes from used this with my Macbook Air while i was travelling the world and it did the job everytime i needed it too. …
- Written by Chris M from Upper Ferntree Gully
A truly useless product
I should have read the reviews before buying this!
Mine was purchased with my new MacBook Pro over a year ago, but have only re I should have read the reviews before buying this!
Mine was purchased with my new MacBook Pro over a year ago, but have only recently got round to trying it out. It didn't work. A trip to the Genius Bar at my local Apple Store proved that the lead was faulty. In their favour, Apple did agree to refund the cost even though it had been purchased over a year ago.
However I feel strongly that Apple should not be promoting a product like this. I would have given it no stars but I had to give it some rating. I won't be getting another one. …
- Written by Susan H from London
Doesn't function well
First one lasted for a year before shorting out then I purchased a second one... lasted 4 months and then shorted out.. starts fli First one lasted for a year before shorting out then I purchased a second one... lasted 4 months and then shorted out.. starts flickering and making its own special static noise... I don't know if this port is any good anymore not to excited about buying a third one... my 6 year old viao has still runs with my my six year old hmdi cable... don't understand why apples lightening hdmi port and cables are so terrible.... …
- Written by Mahsa S from orlando
4 of 4 people found this useful
Questions & Answers
Answers from the community
Is a lightening connector the same as a thunderbolt connector?
- Asked by Patti E from New York
- Apr 21, 2014
Nope lightning connector is for iOS devices, iphone iPad iPod. Thunderbolt is for apple computers. B Nope lightning connector is for iOS devices, iphone iPad iPod. Thunderbolt is for apple computers. Both use very different technologies also. …
- Answered by Michael Z from Santa Clara
- Apr 24, 2014
Can i use my xbox 360 with this cable on the 2013 21.5 imac?
- Asked by Matthew K
- Apr 13, 2014
Does the audio work with a mid 2010 macbook pro?
- Asked by Kathi T from Ypsilanti
- Mar 2, 2014
Will this work with my mid 2010 27" iMac?
- Asked by Richard L from Columbia
- Aug 22, 2013
Yes this will work just fine with your 2010 iMac. I actually use one on my 2007 iMac and my 2012 iMa Yes this will work just fine with your 2010 iMac. I actually use one on my 2007 iMac and my 2012 iMac, both via firewire and firewire to thunderbolt. …
- Answered by Don B from Spruce Grove
- Mar 5, 2014
Can i facetime on my tv with my macbook air ?
- Asked by Simon O from Sydney
- Dec 8, 2013