Ratings & Reviews
Using Ratings and Reviews
The Apple Online Store presents ratings and reviews of products written by actual customers. You can glance across the product categories and sort them by their customer star rating or you can dig into each set of products and read the customer review about what works well and what doesn't. As you read individual reviews you'll be able to vote on whether or not you found it useful. We use these votes to improve the results for subsequent users.
Write Your Own Review
As a customer of the Apple Online Store we’d like to invite you to share your opinion. From any product details page click the "Write a review" button. There are a few guiding principles to keep in mind when you're writing a product review:
- Explain why you like or dislike the product, focusing your comments on the product's features and functionality and your own experience using the product.
- Limit your review to 300 words or less.
- Avoid single-word reviews, bad language, contact information (email addresses, phone numbers, etc.), URLs, time-sensitive material or alternative ordering information.
- Avoid comments about non-product related issues such as service and support, resellers, shipping, sales policies, other Apple partners or Apple topics not directly related to the product's features or functionality.
While we reserve the right to delete a review that isn't on point or that uses inappropriate language, the content of product reviews — even those written about our own products — will not be edited for content before publishing.
Click here to get additional information about writing reviews.
iPod Accessory Compatibility
The Apple Online Store makes it easy to find the accessories that match your particular iPod:
- In the "iPod Accessories" section on the Apple Online Store homepage select "Shop by iPod Type".
- Select the iPod you are shopping for to see all the accessories available for that particular iPod.
- If you have a particular accessory in mind (for instance, a case), select the category you are interested in from the pull-down menu on the top left side of the screen. You’ll now see all the accessories in this category available for your particular iPod.
Saving Items for Later
As soon as you put an item in your cart, you have the option to save it. Simply click the "Save for later" link near the bottom of the summary of items in your cart. You can then choose to come back to it at a later time or you can email your Saved Cart to a friend or colleague.
Sign in to save a cart
You'll need an Apple ID to save a cart, so we are able to connect you with your saved cart when you return. You won't need to enter billing or credit card information until you decide to buy.
If you have questions about Apple ID, please go to the Your Account section of online Help. From here you can find out more on how to create an account as well as tips on how to find your Apple ID.
If you do not have an Apple ID you can create an Account in a few easy steps.
Access your saved carts
You can access your saved cart(s) any time by clicking on the "View Carts" link at the top of any page on the Apple Online Store. From here you can:
- Email a Saved Cart: To email a cart to a friend or colleague, just go to your "Review saved carts" page. On this page click the "email" button and you can easily enter the email addresses of the people you want to send to.
- Delete a Saved Cart: To delete a previously saved cart go to your "Review saved carts" page, where you'll find a bright orange button labeled, "Delete this cart".
- Purchase a Saved Cart: Ready to purchase? Go to your "Review saved carts" page. Once you're there, just click the green button called "Add to cart" to complete your purchase.
Using Check Out
Need help placing your order on the Apple Online Store? Follow these steps to purchase items you’ve put in your cart.
- Review your cart
Once you’re ready to order, select the "View Cart" link in the upper right of any page on the Apple Online Store to review all of the items you’ve placed in your cart. From here you can add or edit gift messaging, gift packaging, and engraving on select products. You can also increase or decrease the quantity you want to purchase. We’ll provide you with an estimated time we expect each item to ship from our facility as well as an estimated total, which will include any shipping charges and taxes. If you update your order, select the "Update Subtotal" button to see an updated estimated order total for your cart.
If there are other items you want to purchase, select the "Continue Shopping" button to add additional items to your existing cart. Or select to "Save for later" and you can come back to view your Saved Cart.
When you’re ready to buy the items in your cart, select the "Check out" button.
- Sign in
If you already have an Apple Online Store, iTunes, .Mac or iPhoto account, sign in using your existing Apple ID and password.
If you are a new user, create an account by entering in your email address.
If you have questions about your Apple ID, password, or account, visit the Your Account section of online Help.
- Enter billing and shipping information
In order to process your order, we’ll need you to enter both your billing address and shipping address. Your billing address and shipping address should match the information on your credit card account. We do not accept PO Box or international addresses. Shipping addresses for all Hong Kong orders must be within Hong Kong. All your items will be shipped to the shipping address you designate.
For more information on Billing and Shipping information, visit the Payment & Pricing and Shipping & Delivery sections of online Help.
- Select a payment method
To find out what Payment methods are accepted on the Apple Online Store, visit the Payment & Pricing section of online help. Make sure that your payment method matches the billing information you have entered and that you include the appropriate security code for a credit or debit card.
You can also redeem an Apple Gift Card or a coupon to pay for your purchase. Visit the Gifting section of online Help for additional information.
- Complete checkout
Once we have all your item, billing, shipping, and payment information, you’re ready to complete check out. Review your order and personal information to ensure it’s accurate, and when you’re ready to purchase, select the "Place my order" button.
After you place your order, we’ll take you to a Thank You page that contains a summary of your order, including your Web Order Number. Please print this page for your files.
We’ll also send you an Order Acknowledgment email shortly after you placed an order using credit/debit card, or once your order has been processed if you used a different payment method. You’ll receive a Shipment Notification email as each of your items ship.
The Thank You Page and emails will contain links to online Self Service. Log in using your Apple ID and password to check order status, cancel items, return items, change your order, track a shipment, print an invoice, and more. You can also view a summary of orders you’ve placed with us in the last 18 months.
Find an Apple Retail or Reseller Store
Apple's products are sold through authorized resellers and our own Apple Stores. Find an Apple Authorized Reseller near you.
Thousands of Apple Authorized Resellers can help you discover the Mac that’s right for you.