Do these headphones truly cancel out noise from external sources ?
I love to read, my husband loves to watch TV.....will these work for me in blocking out the TV so I can read? In other words, do they in fact block out external noise even when you are not listening to music
- Asked by Gail F from Union Pier
- Aug 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these headphones truly cancel out noise from external sources ?)
8 Answers from the Community
I tested these out in the apple store without realizing that they had the noise canceling technology. I was pleasantly surprised when I put them on because the background music that was playing in the store magically faded away. I didn't have any music playing in the headphones yet, and they were still able to block out the background noise of the busy apple store. I would say that these headphones have an impressive noise canceling technology that would suite your needs well.
- Answered by Andrew A from Menomonie
- Aug 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Just got a pair and I would say the noise canceling is comparable to Bose q15 which has very impressive nise canceling. I am happy with the noise canceling on these headphones!
- Answered by Brian D from Lake Forest
- Sep 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
They are noose canceling but not all that much. Better than the noose canceling, over ear headphones from Samsung but not as good as the QuietComfort 15, 20, and 25 headphones from Bose. Those continue to lead the industry in noose canceling abilities. The Beats Studios are enough to cancel out general office noises but the QuietComfort series will do better in louder environments like airplanes.
- Answered by Paul R from Newport
- Oct 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
They don't completely block it out but do reduce it by about 60%
- Answered by Andrew C
- Aug 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
They do, quite well. However, if you have big ears, you sort of have to make sure you "adjust" the ears and put them well inside the cushions, or else the sound comes in. Needless to say there are not very comfortable if you have bigger than average ears.
- Answered by Nuno D
- Nov 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
It's about 70% noise cancel but you just need to plays the music, it's will be 100% noise cancel and you just only heard your music !
- Answered by Thanh P from Santa Ana
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Yes, the New Beats Studio's dual-mode adaptive noise-cancelling will identify ambient noise and play them back at a negative decibel to create the noise-cancelling effect, although other people claim this noise-cancellation feature is not highly effective.
Also, the ANC can be used with listening to music, in which the smart-circuits inside the headphones crank up the ANC automatically to block out more ambient noise, probably reducing plane engines to whispers.
- Answered by Kai C from Sunshine Coast
- Aug 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
- Answered by Adam V
- Mar 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
are these noise cancelling headphones?
- Asked by Stephanie I from Chicago
- Dec 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (are these noise cancelling headphones?)
- Asked about: Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphones
Can you use these on an airplane? Are they noise canceling?
- Asked by Kathleen S from Reno
- Nov 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use these on an airplane? Are they noise canceling?)
- Asked about: JayBird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth He…
can i use bose noise cancellations headphones with the ipodshuffle
- Asked by Carolyn J from Baldwin
- Dec 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use bose noise cancellations headphones with the ipodshuffle)
- Asked about: iPod