Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?
How can I work with documents and files on my IPad II from my pen drives?
- Asked by Barbara E from San Benito
- Dec 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a USB adapter that can used with IPad II?)
1 Answer from the Community
You can't use a USB pen drive directly with the iPad 2, even when using the camera kit (which supports USB connection to certain digital cameras), neither can you connect USB hubs or other peripherals - only certain digital cameras.
One workaround is to use a USB pen drive that accepts SD cards with your computer, then remove the SD card from the pen drive and use the second device which comes with the iPad camera kit - the SD card reader, to transfer the files.
Bear in mind that even with this second method you can only transfer photographs (and only those photos in a format compatible with iOS). You're best off using a 3rd party cloud service on your computer and loading a suitable cloud client from the App Store on your iPad to be able to transfer and those files to the iPad for use with a compatible App.
- Answered by Adrian D
- Jan 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can i used this USB power adapter to charge my ipad???
- Asked by Alvin G from Portland
- Jun 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i used this USB power adapter to charge my ipad???)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
Could this be used with an iPad using the USB adapter that's included with the Apple Camera connection kit?
- Asked by Joshua B from Waterford
- Mar 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Could this be used with an iPad using the USB adapter that's included with the Apple Camera connection kit?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Can ii use this mouse with my Mac OS X Version 10.6.8
- Asked by Kelley L from Florence
- Feb 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can ii use this mouse with my Mac OS X Version 10.6.8)
- Asked about: Logitech Wireless Mouse for Mac