B&O Beosound 3200 compatibility with Airport Express
I wish to play iTunes from the PC in another room through my Bang & Olufsen Beosound 3200 system. (I already have a wifi router set up).
I'd like confirmation - before buying it - that the Airport Express will link to my B&O system; and also confirm if/which additional cable needs to be purchased.
Thanking you kindly in advance
- Asked by Martin A from Sydney
- Mar 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (B&O Beosound 3200 compatibility with Airport Express)
1 Answer from the Community
Airport Express sound port is a 1/8 inch (mini) stereo jack. The output of which can be adapted to any type audio input. Bear in mind, airport express audio works from airplay (iTunes). So, as long as you are using iTunes as your default application for audio files, you should have no trouble. Airport express is also its' own wifi. But since you already have a wifi setup, you can just have the express join your existing network in the bridged mode. Whereby it just becomes an extension of your existing wifi.
I use mine typically as an extension. Where the primary media server (mac) is in one room, on occasion, I maybe would enjoy streaming something from iTunes, in my case it is usually a radio stream, or something on my server. iTunes, will direct the output from the normal sound card to the airport express audio port. Which then gives me audio to another set of preamp, amplifier and speakers located elsewhere in the house.
I have and additional express on patio so as to direct that same signal outside if I wish.
Hope this answers your question.
- Answered by Bill B from Red Oak
- Mar 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the classic iPod compatible (connectable) to a B&O BeoSound !
- Asked by Patricia A from New York
- Jun 1, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the classic iPod compatible (connectable) to a B&O BeoSound !)
- Asked about: iPhone
will this apple Remote Control works on my new iPod Touch docked on B&O Beosound 8
- Asked by Wilfredo L from Antipolo
- Feb 24, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will this apple Remote Control works on my new iPod Touch docked on B&O Beosound 8)
- Asked about: Apple Remote
Does it work with 802.11n only networks?
- Asked by Mark N from Bloomington
- Mar 6, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it work with 802.11n only networks?)
- Asked about: Bose® SoundTouch™ 20 Wi-Fi music sy…
No answers yet