Do these headphones truly cancel out noise from external sources ?
I love to read, my husband loves to watch TV.....will these work for me in blocking out the TV so I can read? In other words, do they in fact block out external noise even when you are not listening to music
- Asked by Gail F from Union Pier
- Aug 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these headphones truly cancel out noise from external sources ?)
6 Answers from the Community
I tested these out in the apple store without realizing that they had the noise canceling technology. I was pleasantly surprised when I put them on because the background music that was playing in the store magically faded away. I didn't have any music playing in the headphones yet, and they were still able to block out the background noise of the busy apple store. I would say that these headphones have an impressive noise canceling technology that would suite your needs well.
- Answered by Andrew A from Menomonie
- Aug 31, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Just got a pair and I would say the noise canceling is comparable to Bose q15 which has very impressive nise canceling. I am happy with the noise canceling on these headphones!
- Answered by Brian D from Lake Forest
- Sep 10, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
They don't completely block it out but do reduce it by about 60%
- Answered by Andrew C
- Aug 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
- Answered by Adam V
- Mar 9, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
It's about 70% noise cancel but you just need to plays the music, it's will be 100% noise cancel and you just only heard your music !
- Answered by Thanh P from Santa Ana
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Yes, the New Beats Studio's dual-mode adaptive noise-cancelling will identify ambient noise and play them back at a negative decibel to create the noise-cancelling effect, although other people claim this noise-cancellation feature is not highly effective.
Also, the ANC can be used with listening to music, in which the smart-circuits inside the headphones crank up the ANC automatically to block out more ambient noise, probably reducing plane engines to whispers.
- Answered by Kai C from Sunshine Coast
- Aug 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
are these noise cancelling headphones?
- Asked by Stephanie I from Chicago
- Dec 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (are these noise cancelling headphones?)
- Asked about: Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphones
Do these headphones have noise cancelation?
- Asked by Kayla G from Douglasville
- Dec 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do these headphones have noise cancelation?)
- Asked about: Urbanears Plattan Plus On-Ear Headp…
Can you use these on an airplane? Are they noise canceling?
- Asked by Kathleen S from Reno
- Nov 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use these on an airplane? Are they noise canceling?)
- Asked about: JayBird Freedom Sprint Bluetooth He…