would this work for a light weight monitor?
i have a light weight samsung 23' monitor, and i use this flimsy metal rack and put my mac mini under it and was wondering if this would support the monitor
- Asked by Corbin F from Kapolei
- May 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (would this work for a light weight monitor?)
1 Answer from the Community
Take a look at that round plastic part in the vertical section of the stand, where the cables are designed to pass through. That's actually a connector between the top and bottom halves of the stand, so the stand is only as strong as that little piece of plastic. It's not a problem for a laptop, but I think a display would bend and possibly break it.
I suppose you could weigh your display and see if it's anywhere close to the the 5.6 lb. weight of a 15" MacBook Pro.
One other consideration is that the top of this stand is just a big hollow ring, so you would probably have to lay something flat on top to provide a surface for the display to rest on.
- Answered by Arlo L from Portland
- Feb 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How light is this bag? What is the weight of this bag?
- Asked by Theresa B from Danbury
- Jul 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How light is this bag? What is the weight of this bag?)
- Asked about: Herschel Supply Co. Clark Messenger…
How light is the keyboard?
- Asked by Farah S
- Feb 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How light is the keyboard?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English (…
No answers yet
will quick books pro work with ipad
- Asked by Susan J from Charlotte
- Apr 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will quick books pro work with ipad)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet