I am running 10.6.8. I am trying to upgrade to Lion, but all I get is "waiting" - no download. What's wrong?
Unable to download Lion
- Asked by Hazel B from Washoe Valley
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.6.8. I am trying to upgrade to Lion, but all I get is "waiting" - no download. What's wrong?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1 Answer from the Community
Not sure what is going on.
Does your Mac meet the minimum system requirements for Lion?
Are you sure you are downloading Lion and not Mountain Lion?
NB: To my knowledge, Lion is now only available by calling Apple support. The current OS X release available for download from the App Store is Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion will not work on most Macs made prior to mid-2008.
In the USA, to get Lion call Apple Sales Support at 1-800-692-7753. For the automated call routing system say "Sales" at the first prompt (for department desired), "Lion" at the second prompt (for what you are calling about) and "Personal" at the third prompt (personal, business or education). That should connect you to the right person.
For those outside the USA, get Apple Support Contact Information for your country at:
supportDOTappleDOTcom/kb/HE57 (replace each occurrence of "DOT" with ".")
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouve
- Mar 7, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I upgrade via download from OS X 10.6.8 to Lion?
- Asked by Oliver W R from Clinton
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade via download from OS X 10.6.8 to Lion?)
Have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on iMac. How can I get and run Server?
- Asked by Paul B from Palo Alto
- Feb 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Have Snow Leopard 10.6.8 on iMac. How can I get and run Server?)